arrow truck sales

Old 11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Rookie
Default arrow truck sales

What you o/o thing about buying from them?
Thanks

Last edited by truckmetal13; 11-23-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by truckmetal13
What you thing buying truck from them ?
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY????????? :lol2:

Old 11-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY????????? :lol2:
To paraphrase. I think he is wondering what owner operators think about buying a truck from this sales organization.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Arrow is probably about as good as anyone else. I met a really nice salesman in Cincinnati who worked for them. I would consider buying a truck from him. I think his name was Bill Tankersley. I have no idea if he is still with them. I have also met a couple from areas such as in Atlanta and I would not even consider buying one from those people. No matter where you buy a truck you need to have it checked out. I was disappointed at the quality of trucks that I looked at in Atlanta. Keep in mind that this was several years ago. Hopefully, things have changed. Since I have never bought a truck from them I have no idea how well they stand behind their sales. Some of their inventory that I have looked at is junk and others look pretty decent. That is about what you can find at most any other dealer. You have to look more than the cosmetics. From what I have heard they have improved their inventory over that time. I think the salesman can make as much or more of a difference in your satisfaction with any dealer or truck purchase. I bought a truck from an International dealer. They guy from whom I made the purchase is no longer with that dealer and now has his own truck lot. I would not likely buy a truck from the same dealership. I would consider buying from this guy. He did what he said and made me a good deal. I just don't have the confidence in the guy who replaced him. It may be something as simple as a personality difference, but to me I buy more from an individual than any particular dealer.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Board Member

From some of the trucks i have looked at on the arrow lot there prices seem to be a bit higher than other dealers. With alot of people going out of business and selling trucks there are alot of good used trucks to be had but make sure you have them checked over

Old 11-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Board Regular

I bought my 05 volvo this year from them in Phoenix az.

Overall experience was okay.
The truck i bought had brand new super singles put on, while at a good price.The brakes on the 3rd axle were low,and when i told them about it, they replaced the brake pads and brake drums.Pretty nice,since i didn't expect all that to be done.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

about 5 -7 years ago a friend of mine drove to atlanta to look at some trucks that he saw online. he told me the trucks tell a totaly different story when seen in person. all were in his words ragged out on the inside, mixed matches tires. just a real mess. he said he would never go to atlanta again. i guess first impression is everything.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:41 AM
moe
Default Arrow/ Cincinatti/ Jim Kessler---/sales

I bought 3 trucks from Arrows Cincinatti store. The salesman was Jim Kessler, You can deal with them on price, or tires, or what ever you can work out. If you are interested in a truck and you feel it needs tires or paint they will throw it in. If nothing else, if they know you are serious and can get the money, you can bargain for a better price. I once made an offer, over the phone, on a Pete they had sent a video tape and photos of, to me. They accepted my offer and said I needed to validate it with a $1000.00 payment, which I did. When I got there to pick up the truck, it had a leaky trans, and rears, so I backed out of the deal. They gave me my money back with out a problem. I live 160 miles from Atlanta and 400 miles from Cincinatti and never bought any thing at the Atlanta store,if that tells you anything.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by moe
I bought 3 trucks from Arrows Cincinatti store. The salesman was Jim Kessler, You can deal with them on price, or tires, or what ever you can work out. If you are interested in a truck and you feel it needs tires or paint they will throw it in. If nothing else, if they know you are serious and can get the money, you can bargain for a better price. I once made an offer, over the phone, on a Pete they had sent a video tape and photos of, to me. They accepted my offer and said I needed to validate it with a $1000.00 payment, which I did. When I got there to pick up the truck, it had a leaky trans, and rears, so I backed out of the deal. They gave me my money back with out a problem. I live 160 miles from Atlanta and 400 miles from Cincinatti and never bought any thing at the Atlanta store,if that tells you anything.

They were trying to sell a truck with leaky rears and trans. That tells a story of their business philosophy.
I saw one of their ads that said they do a 150 point inspection. Perhaps they get a tax credit for hiring blind inspectors.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Rookie

thanks for answers
What about international trucks sales

Reply Subscribe