User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I understand to concept, am just not sure why they call it forced...afterall it is what we are HIRED to do is it not?

And...up here, well it's an unknown concept, we understand that if we are closer to the p/u than anyone else, we would be chosen to p/u the load...like duhhh. It's what we are paid to do. Sorry I just DON'T get what the kafuffle is all about... :?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
I understand to concept, am just not sure why they call it forced...afterall it is what we are HIRED to do is it not?

And...up here, well it's an unknown concept, we understand that if we are closer to the p/u than anyone else, we would be chosen to p/u the load...like duhhh. It's what we are paid to do. Sorry I just DON'T get what the kafuffle is all about... :?
I see what you are saying, the point being most dispatchers aren't good planners and you tend to get things at the last minute, where as if you declined, maybe they'd get better at planning instead of making the driver look like the fool. :roll:
Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:

I see what you are saying, the point being most dispatchers aren't good planners and you tend to get things at the last minute, where as if you declined, maybe they'd get better at planning instead of making the driver look like the fool. :roll:
OHHHH I thought that was part of the deal....covering up for the ninkumpoops and brain dead dispatchers we work for??? Isn't it???? :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OHHHH I thought that was part of the deal....covering up for the ninkumpoops and brain dead dispatchers we work for??? Isn't it???? :lol: :lol:

At least we think the same way about dispatchers... :lol: :lol:
Old 04-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

I'll say! I've certainly seen my share over the years (27). But, then I MUST also add, that I do have a good one now. He's really got his act together & very seldom doesn't have his trucks & loads well planned. His back up on the other hand could not find his a$$ with both hands & a map!!! :lol: :lol:

Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
I'll say! I've certainly seen my share over the years (27). But, then I MUST also add, that I do have a good one now. He's really got his act together & very seldom doesn't have his trucks & loads well planned. His back up on the other hand could not find his a$$ with both hands & a map!!! :lol: :lol:
My last dispatcher thought it was 15 mins from seattle to bremerton. it is across the bay....But I've never had a floating truck yet.... :lol: :lol:
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
My last dispatcher thought it was 15 mins from seattle to bremerton. it is across the bay....But I've never had a floating truck yet.... :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! Check out my "Ice Road" pics. To float or not to float that is the question... :lol:

Old 04-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: USX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrucker445
I am going to US Express a week from Monday in wedway Ohio. Anything I should know about Medway? I am renting a car down there as I hate riding the bus. Is there anywhere to eat around there? How are the bunk houses???
Medway is just north of Dayton, everything you need is in Huber Hts, next exit west from Medway. There class and training is pretty good, you get out what you put in. You will learn on automatics, they dont want you to know the art of shifting a truck. Therefore you will have to stay with them, find someone to teach you to shift if you dont already know how. Good Luck.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT
Quote:
I am going to US Express a week from Monday in wedway Ohio. Anything I should know about Medway? I am renting a car down there as I hate riding the bus. Is there anywhere to eat around there? How are the bunk houses???
Medway is just north of Dayton, everything you need is in Huber Hts, next exit west from Medway. There class and training is pretty good, you get out what you put in. You will learn on automatics, they dont want you to know the art of shifting a truck. Therefore you will have to stay with them, find someone to teach you to shift if you dont already know how. Good Luck.
AUTOMATIC?? What the heck is an automatic doin in a TRUCK??? I have 18 gears to look after....my god...what the heck would they do in the Rockies on an 11% grade?? :lol: ops: Probly no jakes either! LOL

Old 04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT
Quote:
AUTOMATIC?? What the heck is an automatic doin in a TRUCK??? I have 18 gears to look after....my god...what the heck would they do in the Rockies on an 11% grade?? :lol: ops: Probly no jakes either! LOL
They arent TRUCKs, they are class 8 vehicles. TRUCKS dont have automatic trannys.