Phrophecy of end times, Warning Christian Based!!

Old 03-28-2006, 04:17 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Slimland"]
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Originally Posted by Slimland
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Originally Posted by kimahri1114
I see. 8)

Why does everyone say bad things about Catholics?
It is principally driven by fear, hate, discrimination, stupidity, false pride, arrogance, and more stupidity. Mostly "wannabe christians" who have taken and mangled God's word to fit their own desires and agendas.

99% of the people who bash Catholicism know absolutely nothing about the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and the other 1% is wandering in the woods trying to find a tree to lean on.

Well I don't rightly know, but it could be that in the dark ages, the Holy Roman Church is the one who persecuted the Christians, the Jews, and everyone else who did not follow there system of belief.
And you direct and specific proof of this??? I think you may be a touch confused about the "dark ages". The inquisition that everyone loves to refer to, actually happened in the middle ages. If you like, I'll help you with your history and get you straight on it. And I'll be more than happy to straighten you out on who the inquisiton was actually aimed at. Beyond that...apparently you are ignorant of the actions of the "Reformationists" after they got political control of countries.....and how many Catholics and others that were hanged, beheaded and burnt at the stake for not believing as the "Reformationists" did.

Not only that, but in essence,and in my opinion, this is where the false prophet will make his stand and proclomation, when the Antichrist is revealed. but that goes even deeper.
And you too are apparently one of those who falls into the category of the class of people I described above. I'm betting Christ looks down from heaven and smiles on you daily.

Then you have some of the priest, who are pedifiles, being protected by that church, so forth and so on.
While there have been some priests who have been pedophiles...a matter that cannot be denied, to use that as an excuse for "disliking" Catholics or Catholicism is truly "lame". But then again it seems to be the way of "so-called christians" nowadays to bash and attempt to castigate entire religions and peoples....for the sins of a few. "That's mighty christian of you!!

Do you have any irrefutable and specific proof that the Catholic Church was actually "protecting" pedophiles. Mind you, I am talking about "specific and documented proof"...not some "propagandists opinion". Now, I am aware that some "people" may have done so...on a personal level, but no-one and not the "Church" as in Vatican ever "protected" a pedophile.

And I guess one would have to assume that the "preacher" who fed you this line, like you...is able to cast the first stone...I mean, what with y'all being without sin? And you know without a shadow of doubt, that no minister, preacher, deacon, or other church official of the religion you belong to has done absolutely none of the same, or any other sexually predatory sin??? And I suppose that you and your kind are absolutely innocent of doing precisely what you are accusing Catholics of doing???? Frankly, thats a hoot!!

I wish I had bookmarked that site that listed all the "sexually predatory sins of clergies of different faiths". You'd probably have a conniption fit and realize that you've been living pretty much in the dark. Oh yes, it mentions a Catholic priest or two.....but "Protestants" are pretty active in the sex crimes games....

Looks like Skywalker is looking for a argument.
Nope, just speaking the truth. And it seems I stuck a chord, eh?

I am not ignorant concerning the Reformist. They believed by faith you are saved, it is the gift of Grace. The Holy Roman Church is the one who persicuted. Looks like your the one who needs a history lesson.
No sir, I stand on my statements. History shows, and I am not referring to history from the Catholic point of view wither, that after the reformation when "protestants" merged their religious philosophies with government, many Catholics and others who did not agree with the "reformationists" were hung, and burned at the stake. I fear that you have access to a rather "slanted" version of the encyclopedia.

But indulge me Skywalker, come tell me your history lesson, lets see if it matches the encyclopedia's, and history books I have on this subject.
Ahhh, now the "condescention" begins. Care to list the "encyclopedia and other history books you have" on the subject? Are they linked to your religion?

About the Church protecting pedifiles, You know your self that the SYSTEM is corrupted and THOSE WHO are COrrupted also, protect their own. Soo don't come in here and try to pull my post apart.
No sir. You have been the apparent victim of propaganda and leaping to conclusions. While I will admit, as will any Catholic that there have been "wrongdoings" by some persons within the Church, the system itself is not broken, nor is it corrupt...it is a few people. No-one on this planet is more disgusted, angered or reactive to this than Catholics themselves. That a very small minority committed the sins and the crimes is an invalid reason to condemn either the system or the people who belong to it.

I will without hesitation "pull your posts apart", especially if and when I even begin to sense you are about to start hatemongering and bashing another religion....in a balderdash attempt to justify your beliefs. I have not criticised your beliefs, and probably never will. In as much as I was raised Catholic, though I am not a fully practicing Catholic, I will tell you that we as a group are pretty ambivalent to the beliefs of others, and for that reason I can say that I care little about others beliefs where they are different than mine. In fact, I don't care if you worship rocks or stumps, as its your choice. However, when I sense the preamble to attacks on another religion...I will tend to react. Deal with it, or keep your thoughts to yourself.

And as for disliking Catholic's that is a ASSumption on your part. If I must be more clear, it is the SYSTEM, that I do not like. This includes not just Catholisism, it includes most system's of Organized religions.
No, I think I understood more of what you are saying than you think. You are probably an "Evangelical", and your post alluded to that. You drop a couple of the standard "hack lines". You wouldn't happen to have an assortment of "Chick tracts" laying around the house, and a few in your pockets ready to leave in phone booths and in rest rooms now would you?

So don't try to bash me with your heritic, thats very Christian of you crap.
In that sentence alone...you proved your ignorance. Unless you are a Catholic who has fallen away from the Church, and embraced another opposing theology.... you cannot be a heretic. The word heretic is a word indigenous to the Catholic faith and Church. Just as is Anathema.... which incidentally is a word often bandied about as a twisted justification by Catholic haters as a twisted justification for their hatred and bashing. And sadly they have zero knowledge of either the meaning or application of the word.

I did not cast a stone, but when it comes to defiling inocents I cast a boulder, cause they know better.
If you would care to, or prefer to call it "bearing false witness", fine with me. But in any event...your statements were disingenuous and wrong. I also noticed that you completed evaded the fact that numerous clergy members of other religions have been caught and prosecuted for the very same crimes...... Curious, no?

Why don't you try to read every thing I say when it comes to religious mumbo jumbo, maybe you'll understand me a little better, and you won't be getting only part of a story.
I have little interest in reading about "religious mumbo jumbo". What I saw and read were words that related to the Catholic Church being full of protected pedophiles, and the home of the Antichrist. Now I may have made a minor error in venturing the guess that you were an evangelical, since the references could have as well been made by a Lutheran of a certain bent. I am well aware that it is a statement of their beliefs that the Pope is the anti-christ, which in and of itself is pure garbage.

Luther was a pissed off Catholic monk who had a bone to pick with the Bishops and disliked the Pope....and who was suspected of being alittle more than "unbalanced mentally"...which is documented historically. So the validity of the "reformation" is questionable...especially in light of the subsequent and significant disputes on theology between Luther and Calvin.

It is principally driven by fear, hate, discrimination, stupidity, false pride, arrogance, and more stupidity. Mostly "wannabe christians" who have taken and mangled God's word to fit their own desires and agendas.
That statement on my part is one of pure and simple truth, born out by facts, not fiction. Would you like proof?

And the part of my opinion on the Antichrist, I have backed up numerously on this thread and others, if you don't understand it, or agree that is your right, don't be attacking me, for when you do your first line just described yourself.
They "keyword" in that statement is "opinion", and while it is generally accepted that we are all entitled to at least one, you have yours, however....since it is merely your "opinion", it has no basis in fact...other than your opinion and apparent misinterpretation of scriptures or your blatant attempt to read something into scriptures. I have a more than adequate "understanding of scriptures". And being fully cognizant of the fact that I do in fact possess "free will"...I am able to discern the meanings of words, even in context, and the correct one at that. I have heard the line of balderdash you are referring to before, and its little more than opinionated conjecture, with absolutely no basis in fact.

No, I think I did not describe myself. I do not fear you, or any other person of a different religion. I honestly could care less what you believe. Nor do I spend time thinking or worrying about it. I have my beliefs and my faith. Thats all that matters, plain and simple. But while that was a "nice try" at tossing guilt, it was very immature and amatuerish.

So try again!!
Gladly. If you go down the wrong street, you may end up getting an education that could in fact cause you to rethink your beliefs. That is unless you are one of those highly indoctrinated junior neo-fascist religious wacko's who's been totally brainwashed.

I'll give you a tip though to save you some trouble though. Stay away from "bashing and hatemongering" with regards to Catholicism or any other religion, and things will be just peachy. And before you try to ping me for my comments about Islam.....do some study on the subject and you will most likely agree, and also agree that it is really a religion and a government wrapped up in one nasty package.

So, if you wanna play, lets play.

Have a nice day!

I have a more than adequate "understanding of scriptures".

Aparently Not!! But if you say so.
Yes, I think I do. While I may not engage in the same conversations requiring "interpretations" of scriptures... I do have a good understanding of scriptures. That I am Catholic does not mean I have not read or studied the scriptures.

I'll give you a tip though to save you some trouble though. Stay away from "bashing and hatemongering" with regards to Catholicism or any other religion, and things will be just peachy.

I did not bash any Catholic, just the system, and not only Catholic system but the others also.
As long as you are referring to ALL systems, we have no quarrel.

And as for the Catholics in general, there are many Christians that are Catholics,
True enough....about 2.2 Billion of "Christians" are "Catholics".

as for the Anti-Christ I do not believe the Church or the Pope is the Anti-Christ,
Thank you for that clarification. It makes a "difference". Unfortunately in the past...too many people have used verbage similar to yours that turned out to be the preamble to a Catholic-bashing diatribe, so you can see where it may have rankled me a tad.

but it is the system in which he will use.
This is honestly a "benign" question: Are you saying that the anti-christ will use "organized religion" as the system of subversion, or do you think it will specifically be the Catholic Church?

So you are just bantering to banter, I guess you got your panties in a wad. So pull them out, and quit crying. suck it up, an learn somthing.
No, just placing you on notice that there are limits. I'm am hardly crying, nor do I wear "panties". I think it a touch "obnoxious" for you to comment in that fashion. If you are as intelligent as I think you are, you are most certainly aware of the hatemongering I am referring to, and objecting to.

I am through chatting with you, on this subject it is taking away from the original subject, and it is not profitable. I have said what I have said, and it will not change, so your argument is mute.
So be it. There is actually little basis at this point for argument.

On the "original subject": I do not believe in predestination as when God created us he gave us free will, that being the ability to make decisions that determine our fate. Given that, it seems clear enough that the notion of predestination is stopped dead in its tracks.

Beyond that, if God had predetermined "all", what would be the point of creating anything at all? At best it would seem an exercise in futility as there would effectively be no point in creating something with an already determined outcome.

So have a good day!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Board Regular

The anti-christ working in conjunction with the false prophet is likely to use at least one if not more organized religions to facilitate the rise to power and prominance. In the end, the anti-christ is to declare himself god and any organized religion that wishes to exsist will have to accept his declaration of deity or face certain punishment.

One prophecy worthy of study is that of the Pope's done by a 12th century Catholic priest named St Malachy. I have studied it somewhat and find it very interesting especially against the backdrop of today's events.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Skywalker"][quote="Slimland"][quote="Skywalker"][quote="Slimland"][quote="Skywalker"][quote="kimahri1114"]I see. 8)

This is honestly a "benign" question: Are you saying that the anti-christ will use "organized religion" as the system of subversion, or do you think it will specifically be the Catholic Church?

I think it will be organized religion in general, but I think it will start in the Catholic Chrurch, It is not to bash catholisizm, but to aknoledge, it is the largest Christian based system, and therfor will trickle down into the others. This will be a cunning afair, and a utter demise gor the believers in this time, "For God will bring them a strong delusion, that if it where possible it would even decieve the elect". I have stated more time's than any, that the biggest system that Lucifer uses "other than Money" is the Religious system. And what better way, that to get to the heart of it.

Not only that, but from my studies-- the little horn in Daniel, is the one to pluck out the three, and out of the 10 tribes, it is the smallest horn, This is a representation of Europ. This had already past, and that smallest horn is setting on 7 hills."NOTICE, this is the phisical side of this, I have already stated the spiritual side." The smallest country in those parts, with 7 hills is Rome, Italy. This is Not to say that the Catholic Church is bad, but after the Raptur, Thats when the religions of the world, will be corrupted, but I think it will start in the Catholic System, For ALL systems are starting to point to corruption.

No, just placing you on notice that there are limits. I'm am hardly crying, nor do I wear "panties". I think it a touch "obnoxious" for you to comment in that fashion. If you are as intelligent as I think you are, you are most certainly aware of the hatemongering I am referring to, and objecting to.

I apologize, I thought truly, you had understood all my post, and that you where just arguing to argue.

On the "original subject": I do not believe in predestination as when God created us he gave us free will, that being the ability to make decisions that determine our fate. Given that, it seems clear enough that the notion of predestination is stopped dead in its tracks.

Sorry, the originals subject is "biblical prphecy of end times". The predestination is another thread, but point taken. 8)

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-05-2006, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Heave ho, heave ho, grab that pick ax, looks like where going to have to climb back to the Top.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Board Regular

this is a very interesting and deep discussion, but i wonder if it's a bit overcooked?
i mean, the 'killer rock' that could plunge this planet back to the stone age might be
getting lined up right now, but we would be none the wiser. and then there's always
disease and climate changes we're probably not prepared for that could also impact
man's future here.

the end times? ask the cockroaches. they've survived more than we have, and longer too.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by whodat54321
this is a very interesting and deep discussion, but i wonder if it's a bit overcooked?
i mean, the 'killer rock' that could plunge this planet back to the stone age might be
getting lined up right now, but we would be none the wiser. and then there's always
disease and climate changes we're probably not prepared for that could also impact
man's future here.

the end times? ask the cockroaches. they've survived more than we have, and longer too.

The Bible does prophecy of these things. Killer Rock from the sky, desease and climate changes. But I do not ever remember cockroaches!!! :lol:

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Tic, Toc.

Time Stand Still.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Board Regular

Hey Slimland,

Sorry I did not keep up in here. Let's go back to the discussion.

How about this for some new discussion.......

Israel appears at its wits end with the Palestinian Authority/Hamas government. The Gaza Strip pull out appears to be a failure as it has not stopped the terrorist from shooting their rockets into Israel on a daily basis. The Gaza Border with Eqypt is allowing all sorts of terrorist and weapons into the Gaza Strip unchecked. It's only a matter of time before Israel has to retake Gaza.

Could this then be the catalyst that turns all the surrounding countries against Israel and bands them together for a massive attack?

Old 04-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Hey Slimland,

Sorry I did not keep up in here. Let's go back to the discussion.

How about this for some new discussion.......

Israel appears at its wits end with the Palestinian Authority/Hamas government. The Gaza Strip pull out appears to be a failure as it has not stopped the terrorist from shooting their rockets into Israel on a daily basis. The Gaza Border with Eqypt is allowing all sorts of terrorist and weapons into the Gaza Strip unchecked. It's only a matter of time before Israel has to retake Gaza.

Could this then be the catalyst that turns all the surrounding countries against Israel and bands them together for a massive attack?

It is possible!!

But if I remember right, isn't Russia the one who moves first?

I think the oil prices, is the main factor. It is believed that Israel is sitting on the largest oil field in the world, right under the south end of the dead sea. They say this is actualy what feeds the Saudia oil fields, and it would make sense. When Sodom and Gomorra burned, it spoke of Tar pits in that region.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Board Regular

You know I am not sure about who moves first. I have heard it as Russia alone and then in conjunction with an arab alliance. I do agree with you about Israel and the oil. Once they tap into it and start pumping then their will be alot of angry people at Israel ready to wipe them out.

If even the conservative numbers are true then Israel is sitting on more oil than any other country including Russia and Saudi Arabia. With the US as her main ally we could stop buying from other unstable countries (Saudi, Venesula, Nigeria) and buy strictly from Israel. Better yet enter into an agreement to supply arms and/or agreements on defense of Israel in return for a fair price on oil.

But right now with Hamas in control of the Palestinian Authority and violence escalating with Israel I do not know how long Israel will be able to turn a blind eye to Hamas. They are already talking about taking out members of their cabinet. I think it is only a short step away from the IDF moving into the West Bank and Gaza to remove the entire Hamas government by force.

Then what will the rest of the world do? On one hand you have a government elected by their people to represent them. But that same government is at odds with most of the world by continuing to approve terrorism against Israel and call for their complete destruction. I have a good idea on what side the US will fall. Do you want to guess where the rest of the world will place blame if Israel takes out the Hamas government? Maybe enough to justify an attack against Israel?