Phrophecy of end times, Warning Christian Based!!

Old 04-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Senior Board Member

I found this interesting, "there will be signs in the heavens, things falling, the earth shaking, and the sea's roaring, and the Nations in perplexity with what is going on." "Paraphrased".

Chunks of a comet currently splitting into pieces in the night sky will not strike the Earth next month, nor will it spawn killer tsunamis and mass extinctions, NASA officials said Thursday.

The announcement, NASA hopes, will squash rumors that a fragment of the crumbling Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 (SW 3) will slam into Earth just before Memorial Day.

"There are some Internet stories going around that there's going to be an impact on May 25," NASA spokesperson Grey Hautaluoma, told SPACE.com. "We just want to get the facts out."

Astronomers have been observing 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3, a comet that circles the Sun every 5.4 years, for more than 75 years and are confident that any of the icy object's fragments will remain at least a distant 5.5 million miles (8.8 million kilometers) from Earth ? more than 20 times the distance to the Moon ? at closest approach between May 12 and May 28.

"We are very well acquainted with the trajectory of Comet 73P Schwassmann-Wachmann 3," said Donald Yeomans, manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object Program Office, in a written statement. "There is absolutely no danger to people on the ground or the inhabitants of the International Space Station, as the main body of the object and any pieces from the breakup will pass many millions of miles beyond the Earth."

The main SW 3 fragment, dubbed Fragment C, will make its closest pass by Earth on May 12 at a safe distance of 7.3 million miles (11.7 million kilometers), NASA said, adding that skywatchers will be able to use small telescopes to spot the comet chunks by scanning the constellation Vulpelca during the early-morning hours.

NASA's Hubble Space Telescope and other instruments have been watching SW 3's disintegration. The comet's numerous fragments stretch across several degrees of the night sky. For comparison, the Moon's diameter covers about one-half a degree in the sky.

"Catastrophic breakups may be the ultimate fate of most comets," explained Hal Weaver, a planetary astronomer of the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, in a statement.

Weaver led a team of researchers during the Hubble observations of SW 3, and used the space telescope to study the break up of comets Shoemaker-Levy 9 ? which was ripped apart by Jupiter's gravity and hit the giant planet between 1993 and 1994 ? Hyakutake in 1996, and 1999 S4 (LINEAR) in 2000, NASA said.

Hubble's new SW 3 observations suggest that chunks of the comet are pushed behind its tail by the outgassing of Sun-facing pieces. Smaller pieces appear to be ejected from their nucleus faster than their larger brethren, while other fragments seem to simply fade away.

When set alongside studies by other observatories, Hubble's images may help astronomers determine what is causing the comet's disintegration as it nears the Earth and Sun, the space agency added.

German astronomers Arnold Schwassmann and Arno Arthur Wachmann first discovered the SW 3 comet in 1930 while hunting for asteroids. Despite its relatively short orbital period, the icy object was not seen again until 1979, and then was missed during a 1985 pass.

Since then, however, astronomers have kept a close eye on SW 3 and in 1995 observed its initial break up.

Aside from a great sky show, the comet poses no danger to Earth and its inhabitants, NASA officials said.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Board Regular

Slimland,

I would like to get your input on this verse and see how you look at it......

Revelation 6:5&6

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

Now in past studies I have heard this passage described as the coming famine where it takes a day's full wages just to survive to the coming economic system of the beast. However, there is one part of the passage that sticks out to me. "Don't damage the oil and the wine" just stands out and I am not sure if I ever heard a good explanation. I had one study say it is a description of not harming the rich people of that time. But I am more inclined now than ever to think it has something to do with crude oil, environmentalist, and the geo-political forces surrounding the world's oil supply. I would like to hear your thoughts on this passage.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Slimland,

I would like to get your input on this verse and see how you look at it......

Revelation 6:5&6

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

Now in past studies I have heard this passage described as the coming famine where it takes a day's full wages just to survive to the coming economic system of the beast. However, there is one part of the passage that sticks out to me. "Don't damage the oil and the wine" just stands out and I am not sure if I ever heard a good explanation. I had one study say it is a description of not harming the rich people of that time. But I am more inclined now than ever to think it has something to do with crude oil, environmentalist, and the geo-political forces surrounding the world's oil supply. I would like to hear your thoughts on this passage.
To tell the Truth I am not real sure, "Do not hurt the oil and the wine"

Could this be the believers and the jews at the time, or actual oil and wine? I don't know, but I will look up the greek words to this!!!!!

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-05-2006, 01:57 AM
Board Regular

Hey Slimland,

Just checking in on you. After this week I plan to be out on the road training with my new job. So I may not keep a steady eye on our chat.

The post on the comet is very interesting. If you think about it there have been many events in the sky/heavens lately that seem to get our attention. Besides the ever present story of the "killer" asteroid you have things like 9/11 (not quite the signs in the heavens most would expect but then again they were flying), the loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia, the newest space nation of China (sending a man into orbit on their own), and the constant missle test in the Middle East from Israel to India. Oh, lest I forget that countries like Israel and Iran are now putting their own sattilites in orbit using their own launchers.

Now with the earth shaking you have the new 7.8-8.0 earthquake in the Pacific near Tonga(sp), the constant call at the aniversary of the great San Fransico quake that we are due again, and then the massive earthquake and tidal wave from Christmas a couple of years ago (I guess this can be the sea's roaring also).

I guess we don't even need to start with real world examples of the Nations in perplexity. In short, even people who don't believe in Christ or his return should see that we have some serious stuff going on and the events just seem to keep coming faster and faster.......kinda like birth pains :wink:

Let's see what this summer has in store for us. Here is my list of things to watch for this summer. First, we get hit with another major CAT 5 Hurricane.......but this time it is the Easter Seaboard of the US (and not Florida). Second, there have been major earthquakes all around the Pacific except for the US. I expect a major earthquake (no I wont say size but greater than 6.0) to hit the US. Third, this summer will see a major confrontation between the US and Iran. No, not with Iran's nukes but something along the line of planes or military forces getting found on the wrong side of the map. And this could just as likely be Iranian forces in Iraq as US forces in Iran. It will not start a shooting event but tensions will be high till a 3rd party negotiates a resolution between the US and Iran.

Finally, gas hits the $4 a gallon mark.

Ok, you have anything that you think may happen this summer?

Old 05-05-2006, 05:49 AM
Rookie
Default End Times

Israel became a nation on the 14th day of May in 1948. It is stated in the Bible that the generation will not pass away that sees the end of times and the return of Christ. A few more little things,, Israel must have the red calf for offering,,, They now have the RED HEFFER that is without blemish,,,the temple must be rebuilt and it is the process,,, Hang on folks we can never know the time nor day but we can know the season,,, it is close

Now the big question is,,, where will we be when it happens,, pre-trib, mid-trib, post trib???

Old 05-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: End Times

Originally Posted by Idahorafter
Israel became a nation on the 14th day of May in 1948. It is stated in the Bible that the generation will not pass away that sees the end of times and the return of Christ. A few more little things,, Israel must have the red calf for offering,,, They now have the RED HEFFER that is without blemish,,,the temple must be rebuilt and it is the process,,, Hang on folks we can never know the time nor day but we can know the season,,, it is close

Now the big question is,,, where will we be when it happens,, pre-trib, mid-trib, post trib???
Welcome to the discussion Idahorafter! I am sure that Slimland will share his greetings with you as well.

Your point on Israel is a very good one. I do believe that the fig tree parable that Jesus spoke about is Israel. Some will dispute and say specifically that it is Jerusalem and not Israel as a whole. I do not know enough there to say either way but I lean more towards it being Israel. One thing I have always wondered is exactly how long is a generation. I have read several Bible scholars who all give different lengths of a generation. Everything from 20 to 70 years.

I have read about the Red Heffer being here now and also that a temple has already been started on in a pre-fabercated mode so that once the temple mount is ready it can be constructed quickly. You are right it is getting to look like the season of Christ's return is at hand!

When asked about my trib belief I usually answer that I am Pan-trib (that God is in control and it will all "pan-out" in the end). I believe that we should pray for "pre" and then prepare for "post." If it is pre-trib we get to fly up together and if it is post-trib we get to pray and help each other.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Hey Slimland,

Just checking in on you. After this week I plan to be out on the road training with my new job. So I may not keep a steady eye on our chat.

The post on the comet is very interesting. If you think about it there have been many events in the sky/heavens lately that seem to get our attention. Besides the ever present story of the "killer" asteroid you have things like 9/11 (not quite the signs in the heavens most would expect but then again they were flying), the loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia, the newest space nation of China (sending a man into orbit on their own), and the constant missle test in the Middle East from Israel to India. Oh, lest I forget that countries like Israel and Iran are now putting their own sattilites in orbit using their own launchers.

Now with the earth shaking you have the new 7.8-8.0 earthquake in the Pacific near Tonga(sp), the constant call at the aniversary of the great San Fransico quake that we are due again, and then the massive earthquake and tidal wave from Christmas a couple of years ago (I guess this can be the sea's roaring also).

I guess we don't even need to start with real world examples of the Nations in perplexity. In short, even people who don't believe in Christ or his return should see that we have some serious stuff going on and the events just seem to keep coming faster and faster.......kinda like birth pains :wink:

Let's see what this summer has in store for us. Here is my list of things to watch for this summer. First, we get hit with another major CAT 5 Hurricane.......but this time it is the Easter Seaboard of the US (and not Florida). Second, there have been major earthquakes all around the Pacific except for the US. I expect a major earthquake (no I wont say size but greater than 6.0) to hit the US. Third, this summer will see a major confrontation between the US and Iran. No, not with Iran's nukes but something along the line of planes or military forces getting found on the wrong side of the map. And this could just as likely be Iranian forces in Iraq as US forces in Iran. It will not start a shooting event but tensions will be high till a 3rd party negotiates a resolution between the US and Iran.

Finally, gas hits the $4 a gallon mark.

Ok, you have anything that you think may happen this summer?
Well, I realy think your close on the mark.

Lets look at something, 9-11--- In the earlier discussions of this thread, we talked about 9-11, and I put sripture down as I believed such, if you go to that same chapter, and read after the towers fall, you would Notice that the light of the Sun is seven fold, and the Light of the moon is 7 fold. I believe this is the gospel going out and pierecing the darkness of people's hearts, and I also, notice it would be 7 days, That is one year, for every day according to Eziekiel "we also spoke of this". Whatt happens after the 7 days? According to what I read, the believers are kept safe, while the earth and Nations are JUDGED.

Lets look at this.

9-11-01 + 7 years= around 2008

Ok, Yes Israel became a State in 1948, but did not recieve her land till 1967 " Six Day War".

A generation ACCORDING to Gennisis and Psalmes is 40 years.

1968+40 years=2008

Hmmm--Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: End Times

Originally Posted by Idahorafter

Welcome!!!!!!!!

About the generation thing, read my post to redeemed.

The red heffer is for sacrificial purposes, According to Hebrews, Ther is no more sacrifice for sin, Jesus took care of that. The sacrifice that is planned "red Heffer" Would be an Abomination. Could this be an Abomination of Desolation, or the sign of the Anti-Christ "The Beast" being released from the pit? It happend in History Twice. Atiaches Apephanies "spelled wrong" Sacrificed a pig on the Alter, and destroyed Jerusalem. Not to mention the destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70. These where forrunners to the main event, that will air I think soon.

I defanantly believe in Pre-Trib. All the Apostle's spoke of it, and So does the Old Testament. For those in Christ are not for distruction, but Salvation.

Thanks for Joining the Conversation.

Slimland

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Where is DayWalker?????????

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by Slimland
Where is DayWalker?????????
It's daytime....maybe he is walking around???

Ok, just my poor attempt at humor. Everyone stop looking at the wreck and carry on............. :sad: