Phrophecy of end times, Warning Christian Based!!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Lets get this moving again!!!

My brother and I, where talking of the rapture, and He seems to think that maybe our earthly body's, might be left here on earth. While in heaven we recieve spiritual bodys.

His point was that maybe this will give the Muslim's and Islamist, a chance to say that Allah killed these Christian's therfor creating the one world religion and reighning in the AntiChrist.

I am Pondering this, this is possible, What do Y'all think????

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member

I do believe that our earthly bodies will be left behind and we will inherit a heavenly body. I have no idea what that will look like though.

As far as the one world government and the Antichrist I don't really have any idea.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Board Regular

This part on what happens with our bodies.....well....I don't know. I have heard scripture from both sides.

But, I do think you have a point Slimland. It could be used by the anti-christ especially if he is using Islam as his religion of choice. But I'll take a guess and say we could come up with examples where it would work for the anti-christ no matter what religion he uses.

I guess I always go back to where Paul said some will not sleep (die).

Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Redeemed
This part on what happens with our bodies.....well....I don't know. I have heard scripture from both sides.

But, I do think you have a point Slimland. It could be used by the anti-christ especially if he is using Islam as his religion of choice. But I'll take a guess and say we could come up with examples where it would work for the anti-christ no matter what religion he uses.

I guess I always go back to where Paul said some will not sleep (die).
I thought I would throw that out there. I though my brother mad a compelling statment! I realy don't know though, but I do agree the Anti-Christ will make it work to his advantage not matter.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by OverTheRoad
I do believe that our earthly bodies will be left behind and we will inherit a heavenly body. I have no idea what that will look like though.

As far as the one world government and the Antichrist I don't really have any idea.
I have been waiting for you to post. ITS ABOUT TIME. :lol:

I see your point, as Redeemed said some will not die. But we will be changed in a Twinkle of the Eye. Could the earthly body's be left behind?

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Senior Board Member

I was always under the impression that our earthly bodies would be left behind. Just the soul went up or down.
I also believe that when you die you are judged right then and there and either go up to heaven or down to hell. With that in mind I would have to say our earthly body stays in the grave where we placed it. I don't know though, never really put much thought into it.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:46 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Much of it depends on the specifics of "God creating us in his own image." Does that mean in spirit? Or in body? Or both? Many people believe that it includes both, so therefore believe that when we die and go to Heaven (or hell for that matter), we do so with our souls and bodies intact. I suppose if you believe in the rapture, that would hold true for that, as well. Afterall, our bodies are the homes to our soul, right? Logically, then, one would assume that the house goes with you. Just some food for thought.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Much of it depends on the specifics of "God creating us in his own image." Does that mean in spirit? Or in body? Or both? Many people believe that it includes both, so therefore believe that when we die and go to Heaven (or hell for that matter), we do so with our souls and bodies intact. I suppose if you believe in the rapture, that would hold true for that, as well. Afterall, our bodies are the homes to our soul, right? Logically, then, one would assume that the house goes with you. Just some food for thought.

Well I believe in the Rapture and I am not sure, It would make sense if our body's stayed, considering Paul tells us that we recieve a new incorruptible body. And Jesus tells us that We will be niether male or femal, for we will be like the Angels.

there is some more food for thought.! :lol:

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-19-2006, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

I wish I had the mind of Christ....

In due time, I suppose I will have to wait.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Board Regular

How about another question to ponder......

what will be served to eat at the wedding banquet when Christ's bride is taken to heaven