Phrophecy of end times, Warning Christian Based!!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Senior Board Member

I have stated on another thread, that my computer is down, please be patient. I will address, when I am up and running again.

Thanks

Slimland

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Redeemed
How about another question to ponder......

what will be served to eat at the wedding banquet when Christ's bride is taken to heaven
I hope it is whatever we want!!

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Board Regular

Hey Slimland,

Did you ever have time to review that quesiton I asked you about Revelation 6:6? The one where is talked about not touching the oil or the wine. Would still love to hear your input on it.

One thought about it that has come to me. In the Bible wine was very much a cerimonial drink. For example, in the book of John where Jesus was asked by his mother to turn the water into wine at the wedding feast he attended. Could this have something to do with Revelation 6:6?

Old 05-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Slimland,

Did you ever have time to review that quesiton I asked you about Revelation 6:6? The one where is talked about not touching the oil or the wine. Would still love to hear your input on it.

One thought about it that has come to me. In the Bible wine was very much a cerimonial drink. For example, in the book of John where Jesus was asked by his mother to turn the water into wine at the wedding feast he attended. Could this have something to do with Revelation 6:6?
I am not real sure!!

I know the word here in greek is elaion--el'-ah-yone= it is derived from the word elaia--el-ah'-yah. Wich both mean in plain english= Olive Oil!!!!
So to sum up this one word, I DONT KNOW. :lol:

OK, the next.

This one is pretty much the same. oinos--oy'-nos== It does say it could mean literal or figurative, but it does derive from a hebrew word wich means the same exact thing, Wine-- fermented for intoxicating drink.
I wounder what the figurative is, I couldn't find it?

So lets look at the scripture!!

Revelations 6:6

5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, ?Come and see.? So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, ?A quart[c] of wheat for a denarius,[d] and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.

This doesnot gives us much!

The scales represent the exchange of money and value! The black horse as we all know is pestelence and deseas! Why do these things come about? because of the previous 2 horsmen-- Conquest and War.!

Now a days wages will either buy you, 1 mesure of food for a day "fine food", or 3 mesure's of not so good food.

This will cause famine. for that is expensive.

Do not hurt the oil and wine.

I would think these are fine foods, and it is possible that these will not be harmed. But to tell the truth I am not sure. I just thought I would throw this out there.

It might coincide with this.

1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, ?Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.? 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

If you notice the 4 Angels holding the winds back!!

Winds are strife and WAR!!!
These 4 angels are the 4 horsmen, and though they are released they are told to waite untill the 144,000, are sealed.

So in my opinion I believe the 4 Horsmen have already been released, just not very active yet!!

Everything is on the rise!!

I know it is not much, if you have more to add or anyone else, please enlighten me, don't keep it to yourself, it is not fair.! :lol:

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Board Regular

That was good info Slimland. I don't know what it means myself but I wish I did. Like I said earlier I have heard other possible explainations but nothing that made sense.

I think I will take what you have started here and try and work with it a little.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote]
That was good info Slimland. I don't know what it means myself but I wish I did. Like I said earlier I have heard other possible explainations but nothing that made sense.

I think I will take what you have started here and try and work with it a little.[/quote
]

I am glad it was good info!!! :lol:

Even if it is figurative, I still don't know what it means. I guess I'll have to take it as face value for now.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-27-2006, 12:08 AM
Board Regular

One thing I have noticed when trying to study the book of Revelation is there are so many perspectives to consider.

First, you obviously have the Holy perspective. Afterall, this is God relaying thru John a vision of what is to come. If we could understand God then all of our trouble would be over.

Second, is the time perspective. John would clearly have to try and relate things he saw in the only way he knew how. For example, how do you think John could have explained military aircraft?

Third is our perspective looking back. Just as it would be hard for John to understand what he saw in the future it is equally hard for us to understand completely his explaination of the vision he saw because he is using examples/language/ideas from the ancient past. Kinda like two people with two different languages trying to communicate.

Like you, many of the things I must accept on face value only until the explaination is made clear.

I a side note, my wife and I just took our son to the movies today and guess what movie is coming out in the next two weeks?

"The Omen"

It appears to be a remake or a new addition to the original movies.

And guess what date the movie is coming out on?

06/06/06.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

One thing I have noticed when trying to study the book of Revelation is there are so many perspectives to consider.

First, you obviously have the Holy perspective. Afterall, this is God relaying thru John a vision of what is to come. If we could understand God then all of our trouble would be over.

Second, is the time perspective. John would clearly have to try and relate things he saw in the only way he knew how. For example, how do you think John could have explained military aircraft?

Third is our perspective looking back. Just as it would be hard for John to understand what he saw in the future it is equally hard for us to understand completely his explaination of the vision he saw because he is using examples/language/ideas from the ancient past. Kinda like two people with two different languages trying to communicate.

Like you, many of the things I must accept on face value only until the explaination is made clear.

I a side note, my wife and I just took our son to the movies today and guess what movie is coming out in the next two weeks?

"The Omen"

It appears to be a remake or a new addition to the original movies.

And guess what date the movie is coming out on?

06/06/06.
I agree with you, even though both Revelations and Daniel, usually explain themselves, the oil and wine, has always gotten me also. I had just put it back and forgot about it, until you mentioned it.

About the Omen, I rememmber those movies, and I did see the Trailer to the New one.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Board Regular

I have not seen the movie trailor yet. I will try to look it up on the internet.

Well Slimland I will be out of pocket for the next week. I leave tomorrow morning for Cookeville TN and Averitt Express. I should be back home Thursday night. I will try to have something new to add to our end-times discussion by the end of the week. Take care and keep these folks on the straight & narrow.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

I have not seen the movie trailor yet. I will try to look it up on the internet.

Well Slimland I will be out of pocket for the next week. I leave tomorrow morning for Cookeville TN and Averitt Express. I should be back home Thursday night. I will try to have something new to add to our end-times discussion by the end of the week. Take care and keep these folks on the straight & narrow.
10-4 Redeemed, I will chat with ya soon.

How about it OTR, you got anything to add to this topic?

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart