Phrophecy of end times, Warning Christian Based!!

Old 04-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Reading through your latest entries, Slim, the only comment I would have is that if we (and/or Israel) went after Iran, it would be with conventional weapons, not nukes. I don't think Iran getting bombed is much of a stretch...I simply believe it's only a matter of time and will be done with conventional warheads.

As far as whether it leads to the fulfillment of the prophecies in Ezekiel, time will tell on that. Times are certainly interesting.
TF, I would tend to agree with you with one exception. The US made public a while back the development of bunker busting nukes. Just an opinion, but I think the only way the US could use nukes on Iran and not face the ultimate in world condemnation, would be limited use of these bunker busters where atmospheric contamination could possibly be limited.

Otherwise I agree that only conventional weapons would be used....at least at first.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Reading through your latest entries, Slim, the only comment I would have is that if we (and/or Israel) went after Iran, it would be with conventional weapons, not nukes. I don't think Iran getting bombed is much of a stretch...I simply believe it's only a matter of time and will be done with conventional warheads.

As far as whether it leads to the fulfillment of the prophecies in Ezekiel, time will tell on that. Times are certainly interesting.
I don't know if it will lead to the fulfillment, but like you I do find it interesting.
If it does though, I do think it will lead to a 3rd world war, with the use of nukes and conventional.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-07-2008, 02:29 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I don't know if it will lead to the fulfillment, but like you I do find it interesting.
If it does though, I do think it will lead to a 3rd world war, with the use of nukes and conventional.
Oh, I have no doubt that nukes will be used...scripture is full of prophecy regarding fire. Can't see it being anything else but nukes. I just believe that Iran is only a precursor to an all-out WWIII and Iran getting smacked around will be too early for nukes to be used.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Board Regular

Oh, I have no doubt that nukes will be used...scripture is full of prophecy regarding fire. Can't see it being anything else but nukes. I just believe that Iran is only a precursor to an all-out WWIII and Iran getting smacked around will be too early for nukes to be used.
I beg to differ, drought and Desertification will be the fire. California, Fl, MT and other fires are partly due to severe drought. I think with the Nukes fallout, there will be a new Ice age. I could be wrong.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by Manicmechnic
I beg to differ, drought and Desertification will be the fire. California, Fl, MT and other fires are partly due to severe drought. I think with the Nukes fallout, there will be a new Ice age. I could be wrong.
You may not be wrong. In fact, I have heard more than once by prophecy teachers that a passage from the 8th Chapter of the book of Revelation makes reference to a possible Nuclear Winter scenerio.

Revelation 8:11-13

11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

Could this 1/3 reduction in sunlight in verse 12 be from nuclear winter fallout.....why not. The nukes bring the fire, or at least some of it, referenced in prophecy, while the fallout from the nukes brings about a 1/3 reduction in sunlight causing its own mini-ice age.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

A volcano exploding could also lead to the 'nuclear' winter. There are a number of super volcanos around the world that if they did explode, could very easily effect the climate of the entire world. I think National Geographic had a story on that a couple years back...fascinating stuff to know that the earth can burp and wipe most of humanity out.

As far as the nukes go, I just think that nukes will be used as everything comes to a climax. I can't see them being used beforehand because for any nation (not terrorists) to use them, the resulting retaliation would also be with nukes...Mutual Assured Destruction. And the battle of Armegedon will feature all nations gathered together for that final battle...that's when I think the nukes will fall on countries around the world. It would be an effective baptism by fire for the planet.

All in all, we live in interesting times.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Board Regular

A volcano exploding could also lead to the 'nuclear' winter. There are a number of super volcanos around the world that if they did explode, could very easily effect the climate of the entire world. I think National Geographic had a story on that a couple years back...fascinating stuff to know that the earth can burp and wipe most of humanity out.

As far as the nukes go, I just think that nukes will be used as everything comes to a climax. I can't see them being used beforehand because for any nation (not terrorists) to use them, the resulting retaliation would also be with nukes...Mutual Assured Destruction. And the battle of Armegedon will feature all nations gathered together for that final battle...that's when I think the nukes will fall on countries around the world. It would be an effective baptism by fire for the planet.

All in all, we live in interesting times.
Did you ever see the movie WAR GAMES? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/
A young man finds a back door into a military central computer in which reality is confused with game-playing, possibly starting World War III

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cry:

Old 04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Yep. Older movie...back from when I was growing up. Ferris Bueller did it. But scary nevertheless.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Senior Board Member

NG has a thing they run every 3 month's or so, about Yelowstone, and the effects it will have if it ever erupts in a major way. They say the entire Yellowstone basin is one volcano. That is one big a$$ volcano.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

I've seen that show. It's very interesting. NG made a 2 hour movie of the 'what if....if Yellowstone erupts". I think NG mentions that it shows signs that the volcano is stirring. Discovery or NG also did another show about a volcanic island in the Atlantic Ocean. If part of the island collapses, as it has done in the past, it would cause a tsunami that would affect the east coast.