Phrophecy of end times, Warning Christian Based!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Board Regular

Ok Slim, I have been searching for at least an hour and cant find it. However, I have read thru about 16 pages of this thread and it was interesting reading.

Got to lay down and get some rest in case I get called to work tonite.

Will search again later.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Board Icon

You guys are like the Watchmen talked about in Ezekiel 34.
If you see the signs coming, and you are in that position, and you don`t turn around and warn the people that this might be it -- it says their blood will be on your hands.
Whew..hoo…glad I’m not given that calling. Yoikes! I’d rather push people out of my way, as to have to run over the top of them.

My own sister scoffs at my warnings lately, and I sometimes feel like maybe I am nuts.
So I don’t discuss much with her, just offer some observance. I know, only God can open the eyes of those who will not see.

I look at the trajectory of world events and the chaos that is going on in the world, with the alliances that are forming. This world is insane, and becoming more angry and insane as time passes, and I feel I grow more separate from it and feel almost alone.

We have too many people in the world who do not believe evil exists. I have been shown some things, which leaves me no room to doubt, and yet if I voice any of my experiences, I would be treated with medications, and be given routine shock treatments…until such notions were removed. Unfortunately, we even have people in power who are so ignorant to reality. One recent image is of Jimmy Carter kissing up to leaders in the Hamas, whose hands are literally dripping with blood.

Some things to look for now would be;

When you see a Russian leader start to denounce Israel and threaten military action, DUCK!

The acceleration of the building of the city of Babylon. Not just the rebuilding of Iraq, but the city of Babylon.

The beginning of the building of the Jewish temple. There is a third temple that will be built in Jerusalem. The scenario of how that might be allowed is not clear, but look for either the Dome of the Rock and the al Aqsa Mosque are somehow destroyed by war, or a comprehensive peace deal in which Jerusalem is divided, allowing the Jews to build their temple on the temple mount, right next to the Dome of the Rock.

There are many other signs to look for as you have pointed out. Some of these seem to be happening now, and I agree, we are locked into a course of events now, which will not change our direction. The United States is prophesied to have an economic downfall. Our government is irreversibly corrupt, and no “change” is going to make a dent any longer.
Russia is lining herself up as is Rome, and Europe is now the beacon of stability and promise. It will be interesting to see how they allow Rome to rise to the top of this power.

Some signs seem to be on the horizon, yet others seem so far off. I don’t know if we will see the Tribulation in our lifetime, but it seems more and more possible. I think all it would take is some nuclear terrorism, and all these events could begin to escalate. Much of it will go unnoticed, as people will have daily concerns that outweigh any other care.

I remember my studies showed me how the 3 ½ year period of Tribulation comes about, with certain events leading up to it, and it is a literal 3 ½ years. God will take his Church to the wilderness (some say Petra) and a place of safety, during this time. (not a rapture) I won’t take the time to spell out the details of this event and its significance. It’s more intense than I wish to go into, and it is NOT pretty. They will be protected by Angels, and likely fed manna. They will continue to see the horrors, and their 3 ½ years will be a period of preparation and training, to serve Christ when He takes the Throne. They will be the first resurrected, and part of God’s government, to put it briefly. Know that Christ’s first rule here on Earth, will be carried out on a Planet almost completely destroyed, with people left, living near like animals, to exist, scared stupid. If you are chosen to be a part of the first fruits…I do not envy you. I’m going to stop with this, here.

I believe my calling is not going to require me to think, recite, or ask much of me, other than just focus on the basics. Seems easy, but I think after 56 years of training…I should be able to just focus on Nothingness. Others would fail…at doing as little as I am capable of doing. That would answer a lot. All I really know is I am suppose to chase the Cheerleader….or was that …save the Cheerleader? ...seriously...it's classified. :?

This knowledge seemed necessary to me for a time. Now I find I only want to focus on absolute basics and simplicity. The more I worry about the details, the more it becomes a diversion, and I know my calling is not to teach. That stuff scares me, more than waking up in bed with a 350 lb. Northern Michigan female Sasquatch….trapping my arm under her hairy torso.

Anyway…when you guys get it all figured out…and can put a stamp on it…
That is another sign to…DUCK!
:shock: :P

Old 04-29-2008, 04:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Originally Posted by Slimland
Slim I think you may be on to something about the 3 1/2 years on the trib. I cant go into a lot of detail about it right now but I have wondered if the trib is a full seven years.......just that the first half (3 1/2 years) is already past. And the second half is yet to come. The first half being the 3.5 years of Jesus ministry. It has to do with a lesson I heard once about prophecies in the book of Daniel. Specifically about a break between the 69th and 70th weeks. What if the break is during the 69 and 1/2 week?

More to come...
I pretty sure we are thinking the same thing then.. Hold on let me stop what I am listning to..

Dadgumit-- I know I have posted this befor but cant find it...

:evil:

Let me see if I can remember..

You know what you do it Redeemed, I have posted it befor cant find it though..

Artaxeres sent the decree out in 444-445 BC, in short 480 years later messiah onointed and a the last week he is sacrificed in the middle of that week.. Then desalations are determent upon Israelites until, if I remember right the gentile rule is over.. Then the last 3 and a half years, finaly comes into play as the Great Trib//..

You do it.. I just spent about 30min going through old post.. :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:
Ok Slim, I started a search for it and found only one post so far. But still looking. I am not sure how often CAD archives but depending on that and on how far back the post is we may have a hard time.

How did man Know that from the going forth of the command to rebuild and restore Jerusalem There would be 69 wks untill the Messiah. And then the Cyrus Chronicls found have proven the command givven in 445BC, by Artaxeres, Following what is said, this puts the anointing of the Messiah, at the exact Time that Jesus Christ entered Jerusalem and Crucifixion.

Your a preachers son, The above you should know about, without me going into further detail.

As for proof, we have the prophecy's that have been fulfilled and the ones that are yet to come. This is irrufutable by man, for there are over 300 prophecy concerning the Messiah, and I could post 50 of them with a click, I have posted them befor and I could find them again if need be. All---All point to Jesus Christ as the Messiah, and All of them where prophecy'sed befor the birth of Christ in as much as 490 years. So if these were not inspired by God, then the men who wrote these must themselves have forsight, and to be able to make one man, whome they never knew, become reality, to which would turn the world around forever.
For the spirit of Prophecy is the Testamony of Jesus Christ. and it is Irrifutable.

So is it possible that the Bible was not inspired by God? No, I do not believe that it is possible.
This is from a 9/3/2006 post from you on your debate and discussion thread. I will still keep looking.
Well hmm that was part of it. But I remember posting a whole thing on this. I gave not just the above. but I split the weeks well the first 62 from the timeline then went to the 7 after that then the last 7 weeks.. I think I had it wrong, but who knows..
I do remember what thread it was on I think!!
If I remember right it was on OTR's thread on the "Wanna debate religion Fozzy" -- That thread no longer exist, for that was blown into cyber oblivion back during the Great CAD Black out. :lol:

I can try to repost it, but I will have to get my notes and study's out..

But the premise of it is what you had found.. Why couldn't I find that?? :evil:

I forgot about that thread..

Redeemed is that kinda what you where getting at?
Some believe that the 69 weeks where the end, and the last 7 are still to come.. That was what my original post was on.
But the more I read it, the more I think diffrent.

Lets look at it.

Daniel 9:20-27
The Seventy-Weeks Prophecy

20 Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God, 21 yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering. 22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand. 23 At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision:
24 “ Seventy weeks[a] are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of[b] sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.
25 “ Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street[c] shall be built again, and the wall,[d]
Even in troublesome times.
26 “ And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

25 “ Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street[c] shall be built again, and the wall,[d]
Even in troublesome times.

Ok here we see a series of 69 weeks total.. Untill the Messiah is what?
To Anoint the most Holy!

I guess I need to explain weeks..
A week in hebrew was a series of days.. or years.. 7 years is a week.. Each year if I remember right is 360 days-30 days for each month. and every leap year if I remember correctly, they added another month.. I could be mistaken on this, I am doing this by memory!
I will find out if it dont add up :lol:

Ok I have to say there where 2 decrees, One from Cyrus in 538 BC. Who said they could rebuild the Temple.
But the Decree to rebuil the city, was in 445 and it was done by Artaxerxes Longimanus.. That was the decree, for it was for the city.

You know what I found it on the net hold on.
Below is not from my notes, but It is close and a little more detailed, Here also is the link to the site, that I got it from.
http://www.watchmenforchrist.org/Pro...0suplement.htm
The main candidate for such a decree is described in Nehemiah 2:1-9. In this passage a specific decree to rebuild the city of Jerusalem is issued by king Artaxerses Longimanus in direct response to Nehemiah’s request. Decrees had been issued by both of Artaxerses’ immediate predecessors (Cyrus, 73 yeas previous and Darius who reaffirmed Cyrus’ decree [Ezra 6:1-15]) but these decrees were specifically limited to rebuilding the Temple only (Ezra 4:21) and gave no authorization to rebuild the city.

Artaxerxes Longimanus ascended to the throne of the Medo-Persian Empire in July 465 B.C. (Encyclopedia Britannica, 1990 ed.). According to Nehemiah 2:1 Artaxerses granted Nehemiah’s request and issued this decree in the “the month of Nisan in the twentieth year” of his reign. The twentieth year of Artaxerxes reign would have begun in July 446 B.C. The decree occurred approximately nine months later in the Hebrew month of Nisan (March-April in our calendar). According to Hebrew tradition when the day of the month is not specifically stated (as in Artaxerxes decree), it is given to be the first day of that month. Consequently, Artaxerxes decree was given on the first day of Nisan 445 B.C. According to astronomical calculations performed at the British Royal Observatory and reported by Sir Robert Anderson in his book “The Coming Prince” (Kregel, reprinted in 1984) this date corresponds to March 14th 445 B.C. Also according to the British Royal Observatory when one adds 173,880 days to March 14th 445 B.C. one arrives at April 6th 32 A.D.

In order for us to accept the decree of Artaxerxes Longimanus as the decree spoken of in Daniel 9 we must determine if the date April 6th 32 A.D. has any significance related to the coming of Israel’s “Anointed One” (the Messiah). Due to very significant differences between our current Gregorian (and it’s predecessor the Julian) calendar system and the Hebrew calendar system as well as major inaccuracies in each (especially prior to 1752 A.D.) I believe it is impossible to determine with mathematical certainty the exact correspondence of a Gregorian date to a Hebrew calendar date this long ago. However, all authoritative calculations and methods that I have reviewed resulted in differences of no more that one or two days. Sir Robert Anderson in his previously cited work has calculated that April 6th 32 A.D. corresponds to the 10th day of Nisan in the Hebrew calendar of that year. So to continue the question; is there any significance to the month of Nisan or to the 10th of this month in the Hebrew calendar in this year related to Israel’s Messiah? It turns out that the 10th of Nisan 32 A.D. is extremely significant when viewed in the context of God’s revelation to Daniel!

First, what is significant about the year 32 A.D.? According to Luke chapter 3 Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist and began his public ministry “in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Cesar) (Lk. 3:1). It is well established that Tiberius Caesar began his reign on August 19th 14 A.D. (The Encyclopedia Britannica, 1990). It is also believed by most scholars that Jesus was baptized in the fall of the year. Therefore, it can be concluded that Jesus began his ministry in the fall of 28 A.D. It can be clearly established by the Gospel accounts that Jesus’ ministry spanned four Passovers, actually ending with his crucifixion on the fourth Passover. Since Passover always occurs in the month of Nisan (the spring of the year; March/April of our calendar) it can be concluded with a high degree of confidence that Jesus was crucified on Passover in the year 32 A.D.!

According to Exodus 12:1 God established the month of Nisan as the first month of the Hebrew year and further commanded that the 10th day of this month was the day the Israelites were to choose the Passover lamb for their families. We know from John’s Gospel account (Jn. 12:1-13) that Jesus arrived in Bethany and stayed at Lazarus’ house six days before the Passover Feast and that the next day he entered Jerusalem in the “Triumphal Entry”. According to Leviticus 22:5-6 Passover began at twilight on the 14th of Nisan and was followed by the 7 day Feast of Unleavened Bread which was to begin on the 15th of Nisan. Therefore 5 days before the “Feast” day would have been the 10th of Nisan, which was the day John, says Jesus entered Jerusalem in the “Triumphal Entry” and which is also the date which can most reasonably be calculated as being 173,880 days after Artaxerxes decree to rebuild Jerusalem!

I find it completely astonishing that from the distance of two and half millennia we are able to clearly see that Israel’s “Anointed One” came to them ON THE VERY DAY predicted by Daniel’s prophecy and that four days later he was killed as mankind’s Passover Lamb! Indeed fulfilling “all that was written concerning Him” (Acts 13:29).

Now back to me..

Some people believe that the next week is a literal 7 years. And that is the Tribulation period.
Some believe that the weeks kept going untill around 80-81 AD. After the fall of Jerusalem by Titus. Then following the Great Trib for the Jews, for destruction is determend on the desolate.. Untill desolation are done. Aka God finishes his touches on his people. :?

Now what I lean toward is 455BC — Decree of Artaxerxes I to re-establish the city government of Jerusalem. See Ezra 7, Daniel 9 and Nehemiah 1 in Old Testament.

Nehamiah Started the Rebuilding and got the decree in 455.

This would put the timeline at 455-483= 28 AD.. When Jesus was Anointed the Messiah and went into the wilderness to be tempted.. His ministry lasted 3 and 1/2 years.. A half a week.. Below is the context

26 “ And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;

And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.

That in Red is the messiah.
In green is the Antichrist's people.

I am tired Redeemed, I am going to bed..
You want to expound be my guest.
Twilight would like your input also, what do you lean towards?

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by roadhog
You guys are like the Watchmen talked about in Ezekiel 34.
If you see the signs coming, and you are in that position, and you don`t turn around and warn the people that this might be it -- it says their blood will be on your hands.
Whew..hoo…glad I’m not given that calling. Yoikes! I’d rather push people out of my way, as to have to run over the top of them.

My own sister scoffs at my warnings lately, and I sometimes feel like maybe I am nuts.
So I don’t discuss much with her, just offer some observance. I know, only God can open the eyes of those who will not see.

I look at the trajectory of world events and the chaos that is going on in the world, with the alliances that are forming. This world is insane, and becoming more angry and insane as time passes, and I feel I grow more separate from it and feel almost alone.

We have too many people in the world who do not believe evil exists. I have been shown some things, which leaves me no room to doubt, and yet if I voice any of my experiences, I would be treated with medications, and be given routine shock treatments…until such notions were removed. Unfortunately, we even have people in power who are so ignorant to reality. One recent image is of Jimmy Carter kissing up to leaders in the Hamas, whose hands are literally dripping with blood.

Some things to look for now would be;

When you see a Russian leader start to denounce Israel and threaten military action, DUCK!

The acceleration of the building of the city of Babylon. Not just the rebuilding of Iraq, but the city of Babylon.

The beginning of the building of the Jewish temple. There is a third temple that will be built in Jerusalem. The scenario of how that might be allowed is not clear, but look for either the Dome of the Rock and the al Aqsa Mosque are somehow destroyed by war, or a comprehensive peace deal in which Jerusalem is divided, allowing the Jews to build their temple on the temple mount, right next to the Dome of the Rock.

There are many other signs to look for as you have pointed out. Some of these seem to be happening now, and I agree, we are locked into a course of events now, which will not change our direction. The United States is prophesied to have an economic downfall. Our government is irreversibly corrupt, and no “change” is going to make a dent any longer.
Russia is lining herself up as is Rome, and Europe is now the beacon of stability and promise. It will be interesting to see how they allow Rome to rise to the top of this power.

Some signs seem to be on the horizon, yet others seem so far off. I don’t know if we will see the Tribulation in our lifetime, but it seems more and more possible. I think all it would take is some nuclear terrorism, and all these events could begin to escalate. Much of it will go unnoticed, as people will have daily concerns that outweigh any other care.

I remember my studies showed me how the 3 ½ year period of Tribulation comes about, with certain events leading up to it, and it is a literal 3 ½ years. God will take his Church to the wilderness (some say Petra) and a place of safety, during this time. (not a rapture) I won’t take the time to spell out the details of this event and its significance. It’s more intense than I wish to go into, and it is NOT pretty. They will be protected by Angels, and likely fed manna. They will continue to see the horrors, and their 3 ½ years will be a period of preparation and training, to serve Christ when He takes the Throne. They will be the first resurrected, and part of God’s government, to put it briefly. Know that Christ’s first rule here on Earth, will be carried out on a Planet almost completely destroyed, with people left, living near like animals, to exist, scared stupid. If you are chosen to be a part of the first fruits…I do not envy you. I’m going to stop with this, here.

I believe my calling is not going to require me to think, recite, or ask much of me, other than just focus on the basics. Seems easy, but I think after 56 years of training…I should be able to just focus on Nothingness. Others would fail…at doing as little as I am capable of doing. That would answer a lot. All I really know is I am suppose to chase the Cheerleader….or was that …save the Cheerleader? ...seriously...it's classified. :?

This knowledge seemed necessary to me for a time. Now I find I only want to focus on absolute basics and simplicity. The more I worry about the details, the more it becomes a diversion, and I know my calling is not to teach. That stuff scares me, more than waking up in bed with a 350 lb. Northern Michigan female Sasquatch….trapping my arm under her hairy torso.

Anyway…when you guys get it all figured out…and can put a stamp on it…
That is another sign to…DUCK!
:shock: :P
First off I want to say welcome back!! We missed you.

I like the way you put things so simple.. Here Redeemed, Twilight and I, are pounding over this.. And here comes Roadhog and makes more sense than all of us :lol:

We will never get it right, but I do like trying and studying with all yall.
I have learned so much from our discussions, and just your read alone, I have expounded my thought process..My head is about to explode :shock:

Get ready to duck, cause we are determend to crack the code, even if it is futile. :lol: It will either be True or just a bunch of bull, and a few people just wasting there time.. But Either way I had fun.

I am glad your back Hog..

Slimland

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Board Regular

Slim,

That was great stuff and was along the lines of what I was thinking. I am going to have to dig into some major study and research to retrace the line of thought I had earlier. And after reading your post I am wondering if I had it right to begin with. Well, I just got off work and need to sleep a few hours and then I can make some more sense.

And I second what you said on roadhog's post. It is great to have you in the discussion. The more the merrier. Will we ever figure it all out. Honestly no....mostly we will see things come to pass and with the help of the Holy Spirit be able to understand it better. I do agree with you that the world is going more insane than it was already. And it gets worse daily. You can read thru Matthew 24 and see everything Jesus foretold already here. The time is short. All we can really hope to do now is try and tell others to be ready.

And roadhog do not worry. Some have said I need to have a lot worse done to me than meds and shock treatments. But the Gospel always looks foolish to those who are perishing.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Slim,

That was great stuff and was along the lines of what I was thinking. I am going to have to dig into some major study and research to retrace the line of thought I had earlier. And after reading your post I am wondering if I had it right to begin with. Well, I just got off work and need to sleep a few hours and then I can make some more sense.

And I second what you said on roadhog's post. It is great to have you in the discussion. The more the merrier. Will we ever figure it all out. Honestly no....mostly we will see things come to pass and with the help of the Holy Spirit be able to understand it better. I do agree with you that the world is going more insane than it was already. And it gets worse daily. You can read thru Matthew 24 and see everything Jesus foretold already here. The time is short. All we can really hope to do now is try and tell others to be ready.

And roadhog do not worry. Some have said I need to have a lot worse done to me than meds and shock treatments. But the Gospel always looks foolish to those who are perishing.
Cant wait to hear your reply, you write so much better than I do..

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Ok got my new news letter in for this week. Last weeks was boring but this one I think has some interesting stuff.

So why we WAIT on Redeemed :lol: Lets take a look at this and the others..

number 1 ---

Chinese build secret nuclear submarine base that could threaten Asian countries and challenge American power in the region

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majo...rine-base.html

China has secretly built a major underground nuclear submarine base that could threaten Asian countries and challenge American power in the region, it can be disclosed.

Satellite imagery, passed to The Daily Telegraph, shows that a substantial harbour has been built which could house a score of nuclear ballistic missile submarines and a host of aircraft carriers.

In what will be a significant challenge to US Navy dominance and to countries ringing the South China Sea, one photograph shows China’s latest 094 nuclear submarine at the base just a few hundred miles from its neighbours.

Other images show numerous warships moored to long jettys and a network of underground tunnels at the Sanya base on the southern tip of Hainan island.

Of even greater concern to the Pentagon are massive tunnel entrances, estimated to be 60ft high, built into hillsides around the base. Sources fear they could lead to caverns capable of hiding up to 20 nuclear submarines from spy satellites.

The US Department of Defence has estimated that China will have five 094 nuclear submarines operational by 2010 with each capable of carrying 12 JL-2 nuclear missiles.

The images were obtained by Janes Intelligence Review after the periodical was given access to imagery from the commercial satellite company DigitalGlobe.

Analysts for the respected military magazine suggest that the base could be used for "expeditionary as well as defensive operations" and would allow the submarines to "break out to launch locations closer to the US".

It would now be "difficult to ignore" that China was building a major naval base where it could house its nuclear forces and increase it "strategic capability considerably further afield".

The development so close to the sea lanes vital to Asian economies "can only cause concern far beyond these straits".

Military analysts believe that China’s substantial build up of its forces is gaining pace put has remained hidden from the world in the build-up to the Olympics.

China has diverted much of its resources from the huge Peoples Liberation Army to the navy, air force and missile development.

An old Russian aircraft carrier, bought by Beijing for "leisure activities" has been picked over by naval architects who hope to "reverse engineer" the ship.

Within the next five to 10 years the People's Liberation Navy is expected to build up to six carriers which will also coincide with the Royal Navy’s construction of two major carriers.

The location of the base off Hainan will also give the submarines access to very deep water exceeding 5,000 metres within a few miles, making them even harder to detect.

Britain’s Trident submarines have to remain on the surface when they leave Faslane in north east Scotland and cannot dive to depth until outside the Irish Sea.

While it has been known that China might be developing an underground base at Sanya, the pictures provide the first proof of the base’s existence and the rapid progress made.

Two 950 metre piers and three smaller ones would be enough to accommodate two carrier strike groups or amphibious assault ships.

Christian Le Miere, editor for Jane's Intelligence Review, said the complex underlined Beijing’s plan “to assert tighter control over this region".

"This is a challenge to any hegemonic power, particularly the US which still remains dominant in the region."

So far China has offered no public explanation for its building at Sanya.

8)

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Number 2----

First steps to possible war - US looks at surgical strike on Iranian insurgency camp

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3868063.ece

The US military is drawing up plans for a “surgical strike” against an insurgent training camp inside Iran if Republican Guards continue with attempts to destabilise Iraq, western intelligence sources said last week. One source said the Americans were growing increasingly angry at the involvement of the Guards’ special-operations Quds force inside Iraq, training Shi’ite militias and smuggling weapons into the country.

Despite a belligerent stance by Vice-President Dick Cheney, the administration has put plans for an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities on the back burner since Robert Gates replaced Donald Rumsfeld as defence secretary in 2006, the sources said.

However, US commanders are increasingly concerned by Iranian interference in Iraq and are determined that recent successes by joint Iraqi and US forces in the southern port city of Basra should not be reversed by the Quds Force.

“If the situation in Basra goes back to what it was like before, America is likely to blame Iran and carry out a surgical strike on a militant training camp across the border in Khuzestan,” said one source, referring to a frontier province.

They acknowledged Iran was unlikely to cease involvement in Iraq and that, however limited a US attack might be, the fighting could escalate.

Although American defence chiefs are firmly opposed to any attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, they believe a raid on one of the camps training Shi’ite militiamen would deliver a powerful message to Tehran.

British officials believe the US military tends to overestimate the effect of the Iranian involvement in Iraq.

But they say there is little doubt that the Revolutionary Guard exercises significant influence over splinter groups of the radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr’s Mahdi Army, who were the main targets of recent operations in Basra.

The CBS television network reported last week that plans were being drawn up for an attack on Iran, citing an officer who blamed the “increasingly hostile role” Iran was playing in Iraq.

The American news reports were unclear about the precise target of such an action and referred to Iran’s nuclear facilities as the likely objective.

According to the intelligence sources there will not be an attack on Iran’s nuclear capacity. “The Pentagon is not keen on that at all. If an attack happens it will be on a training camp to send a clear message to Iran not to interfere.”

President George W Bush is known to be determined that he should not hand over what he sees as “the Iran problem” to his successor. A limited attack on a training camp may give an impression of tough action, while at the same time being something that both Gates and the US commander in Iraq, General David Petraeus, could accept.

8)

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Number 3----

What happens when there is not enough oil or food to go around?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...RIAL/845942063

For more than a decade, English petroleum geologist Colin Campbell has been sounding the warning bell about the coming of peak oil and its disturbing ramifications for the world. Since 2005 Dr. Robert Hirsch has been giving specific warnings for the United States through a series of Department of Energy-sponsored reports outlining the dangers to America if the peak finds us unprepared. And in the past year, the GAO, the National Petroleum Council, and scores of other organizations and governments around the world have reported on the severe consequences the world might incur once the peak has been achieved.

The issue is not simply a concern that we will have to pay outrageous prices for a gallon of gas. If that were the worst of it, the situation would be difficult but manageable. The reality, however, goes deeper and is much more troubling. There are multiple problems affecting the world that are having a decidedly negative net effect: a global rise in demand for crude oil, the plateau in the production of crude oil (which may indicate the peak has already been reached) and continued global population growth. Together, these three factors are serving to shove the world into a crisis that has ominous possibilities.

When there isn't enough oil to satisfy global demand, the price obviously rises. Perhaps less obvious, however, is the effect this price increase has on the world's ability to produce food. Every stage of the food production cycle is affected by petroleum and a rise in the price of a barrel of oil has compounding effects: It costs more to run the farm machinery, more to buy the fertilizer, more to take it to market and more for processing. In the United States, this results in raised eyebrows at the grocery store. In parts of the world where upwards of 75 percent of a family's income goes to buying food, it results in social unrest and riots.

The United Nations estimates that global population is growing at the rate of 78 million people a year — roughly the equivalent of adding the population of Germany to the world every year. According to Energy Information Administration data released earlier this month, global petroleum production has been on a relatively level plateau for the past 44 consecutive months.

But at the same time, the economies of China and India have continued growing, which accelerates the consumption of petroleum-related products and increases the amount and quality of food each person eats. These three facts have conspired to produce a global shortage of crude oil which has exacerbated the world's inability to feed itself. If the world cannot produce significantly more barrels of oil per day, while at the same time the developing world's appetite continues to increase and the global population continues its climb, there won't be enough oil to go around or enough food for everyone to eat.

In just the past two weeks we have been given a foretaste of what that might mean as news organizations have reported rioting and social unrest in developing countries around the world as a result of food shortages; Canadian Bank analyst Jeff Rubin predicted oil prices will "soar to $225 a barrel by 2012." Many experts expect these twin afflictions to remain for the foreseeable future.

This is not the time for more talk and half-measures. Facts on the ground demand urgent, robust and sustained action at the highest levels of government. The America public gets it, as an April 20 poll by WorldPublicOpinion.org found that 76 percent of Americans "believe that their government should make long term plans to replace oil as a primary source of energy." With such a high percentage of the population agreeing with such a necessity, where are our national leaders on this issue? While our presidential candidates continue to be satisfied discussing such critical issues as what someone's pastor said, (who is bitter and who gets angry a lot), there has been not one substantive exchange regarding the most pressing issue facing our country.

Someone must step up and lead before a crisis of global proportions is thrust upon us and our only option is the implementation of draconian damage-control measures. Pray such a leader surfaces soon.

:shock:

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Number 4-- Another opinion with dates..

NASA, Blood Moons and the Return of Christ

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=63076

Will Jesus Christ return to Earth in the year 2015?

And can studying NASA's website provide evidence for such a scenario?

A minister who promotes the Old Testament roots of Christianity suggests a rare string of lunar and solar eclipses said to fall on God's annual holy days seven years from now could herald what's come to be known as the "Second Coming" of Jesus.

"God wants us to look at the biblical calendar," says Mark Biltz, pastor of El Shaddai Ministries in Bonney Lake, Wash. "The reason we need to be watching is because He will signal His appearance. But we have to know what to be watching as well. So we need to be watching the biblical holidays."

In a video interview on the Prophecy in the News website, Biltz said he's been studying prophecies that focus on the sun and moon, even going back to the book of Genesis where it states the lights in the sky would be "be for signs, and for seasons."

"It means a signal, kind of like 'one if by land, two if by sea.' It's like God wants to signal us," he said. "The Hebrew word implies ... not only is it a signal, but it's a signal for coming or His appearing."

Biltz adds the word "seasons" implies appointed times for God's feasts and festivals.

"When we hear the word feast, we think food. But the Hebrew word has nothing to do with food. It has to do with a divine appointment, as if God has a day timer, and He says, 'OK, I'm gonna mark the day and the time when I'm going to signal My appearance.'"

In the Old Testament, the prophet Joel states, "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come." (Joel 2:31)

In the New Testament, Jesus is quoted as saying, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light ... And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." (Matthew 24:29-30)

Gary Stearman of Prophecy in the News noted, "When we think of the sun being darkened and the moon not giving her light, we usually think of some astronomical catastrophe – perhaps the sun sputtering and the moon being affected by all this. But maybe it's time to rethink this a little bit and think of it as a natural cycle, the cycle of the eclipses."

Thus, Biltz began focusing on the precise times of both solar and lunar eclipses, sometimes called "blood moons" since the moon often takes on a bloody color. He logged onto NASA's eclipse website which provides precision tracking of the celestial events.

He noted a rare phenomenon of four consecutive total lunar eclipses, known as a tetrad.

He says during this century, tetrads occur at least six times, but what's interesting is that the only string of four consecutive blood moons that coincide with God's holy days of Passover in the spring and the autumn's Feast of Tabernacles (also called Succoth) occurs between 2014 and 2015 on today's Gregorian calendar.

"The fact that it doesn't happen again in this century I think is very significant," Biltz explains. "So then I looked at last century, and, believe it or not, the last time that four blood red moons occurred together was in 1967 and 1968 tied to Jerusalem recaptured by Israel."

He then started to notice a pattern of the tetrads.

"What's significant to me is that even before 1967, the next time that you had four blood red moons again was right after Israel became a nation in '48, it happened again in 1949 and 1950 ... on Passover and Succoth. You didn't have any astronomical tetrads in the 1800s, the 1700s, the 1600s. In the 1500s, there were six, but none of those fell on Passover and Succoth."

When checking the schedule for solar eclipses, Biltz found two – one on the first day of the Hebrew year and the next on the high holy day of Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the seventh Hebrew month. Both of these take place in the 2014-2015 year.

Biltz says, "You have the religious year beginning with the total solar eclipse, two weeks later a total lunar eclipse on Passover, and then the civil year beginning with the solar eclipse followed two weeks later by another total blood red moon on the Feast of Succoth all in 2015."

"If you think that this is a coincidence, I want you to know that it's time!" exclaimed Prophecy in the News host J.R. Church. "There are no more of these for the rest of the century."

The prospect of eclipses pinpointing the time of Jesus' return is getting mixed reaction in Christian circles.

After seeing Biltz's interview, Jim Bramlett, an author and former vice president for the Christian Broadcasting Network, expressed excitement.

"I have just watched the program two times and do not think I have ever been more encouraged or excited about the soon return of the Lord!" Bramlett said.

But Hal Lindsey, a well-known biblical analyst and author of "The Late Great Planet Earth," says while he hasn't heard of Biltz's theory, he called it "pure speculation."

"In my 50-something years of studying prophecy, to me the greatest indication of the time of Christ's return is based around the general things of prophecies coming together in the same time frame."

He mentioned not only Israel's birth as a political state in 1948, but the increase in tensions with Muslims, the rise of Russia, China and the European Union, which he says is even "calling itself the revived Roman Empire."

"I see the whole sweep and panorama spinning together in a precise scenario," he said.

During a second video interview, Biltz was presented with Bible quotes that many think suggest Jesus' return will be a complete surprise, or at least not specifically known.

The 25th chapter of Matthew features a parable where Jesus likens His kingdom to ten virgins all waiting for the arrival of their bridegroom.

Jesus said in the story, "ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh." (Matthew 25:13)

Biltz says people need to examine the quote in its proper context.

"When He says you don't know the day or the hour, He's speaking to the foolish virgins, not the wise virgins," he explained.

Biltz was also asked about the famous statement in Matthew 24:36 when Jesus was discussing the signs of His "coming, and of the end of the world": "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matthew 24:36)

He responded by referring to the annual Feast of Trumpets holiday, saying Israelites never knew the precise moment it began, "because it was based on the sighting of the new moon."

"When He (Jesus) says you won't know the day or the hour, He's telling you it's the Feast of Trumpets because that was known as the feast where no one knew the day or the hour that it would begin," said Biltz. "So it's kind of like if I told you, 'I'm not going to tell you when I'm coming, but "Gobble, gobble, gobble,'" pointing to Turkey Day."

Church stressed despite the information suggesting 2015 could be a pivotal time, "We don't know that that will be the concluding year of the tribulation period ... so we're not setting a date and saying this is a warning. We're introducing the possibility of a watch."

:shock:

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart