Dump Truckin at its best

Old 05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Kranky
Here's another classic:

YouTube - dump truck fun

I seen that too Kranky. I would love to know what these drivers are thinking.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Jumbo

What made you stop driving logging trucks after 16 years and go OTR??

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Mackman
Hey Jumbo

What made you stop driving logging trucks after 16 years and go OTR??
To be completely honest after 16 years I found myself doing a job that I wasnt having fun at. I worked for the nicest people you could want to work for. They treated us like family. They had 4 trucks altogether, All long hood Petes. On Febuary 1st of 08 I sat at their dining room table and told them that April 1st would be my last day. They offered me a couple dollars an hour raise and the next new truck that was being bought. For most guys that would have been enough to stay but the one thing I wanted they couldnt give me. I wanted to try something different. They understood completely. They held my job for 30 days in case I wanted to come back and I still stop by their house when I am home. And of course my old truck still has the little plaque on the dash that says "The Peterbilt custom built for Jumbo".

Old 05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Jumbo
To be completely honest after 16 years I found myself doing a job that I wasnt having fun at. I worked for the nicest people you could want to work for. They treated us like family. They had 4 trucks altogether, All long hood Petes. On Febuary 1st of 08 I sat at their dining room table and told them that April 1st would be my last day. They offered me a couple dollars an hour raise and the next new truck that was being bought. For most guys that would have been enough to stay but the one thing I wanted they couldnt give me. I wanted to try something different. They understood completely. They held my job for 30 days in case I wanted to come back and I still stop by their house when I am home. And of course my old truck still has the little plaque on the dash that says "The Peterbilt custom built for Jumbo".
Sounds like good people to work for. Overall u like OTR better then the logging trucks??

Old 05-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Board Member

I enjoy the new challenges. I am in St.Paul right now waiting fo rthem to take down the storage tank I am bringing back to Milwaukee. It will be a most of the day process to get it on the truck but i have till 10 Friday morning to be in Milwaukee so I am not in a hurry.The overall demensions of the load when on the trailer will be 13'6" wide 15'3" tall and 100' long. Nice load.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Jumbo
I enjoy the new challenges. I am in St.Paul right now waiting fo rthem to take down the storage tank I am bringing back to Milwaukee. It will be a most of the day process to get it on the truck but i have till 10 Friday morning to be in Milwaukee so I am not in a hurry.The overall demensions of the load when on the trailer will be 13'6" wide 15'3" tall and 100' long. Nice load.
That is one heck of a load considering what the roads are like in St. Paul, Between St. Paul and Milwaukee, and Milwaukee itself

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt

Reply Subscribe