New Members - Introduce Yourself

Old 03-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Rookie
Default Greetings

Hello to everyone. Name's Marc. Stumbled across this site and message board while filling out an open app. for driving jobs. I currently work for a national LTL co. since August. Previously worked for A smaller LTL co. that ceased operations. Bad deal. The first excellent driving job I was able to land. The good ones never last. Currently on the flex board at my terminal working 20-30 hours a week. This economic slow-down is forcing some thoughts of hitting the road with a tanker co. Would be a big change from what my family and I are used to. More than willing to make the choice to keep the sheriff's lock off the door; so to speak. Here's to 0 points, no DUI's and plenty of respect for big trucks. My handle is "skidmark". Thanks to the moderator for this site. God bless.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 AM
Rookie
Thumbs up Fatboy from Tennessee

Not really, the name is a motorcycle I used to have , I have a classic now. My name is Jeff, I enjoyed the short time I was on the road. I got out of the truck after 2 weeks out by myself.. I was given a nasty truck, and let it get to me. Looking back I should have just cleaned it a little at a time and kept on trucking. I am also looking for a driving occupation. I live in the Jackson Tennessee area. I am 51 years old, married, 32 years two grandkids boy 3 girl 8. CR England invited me to Gary Indiana retrain school and a job (so she said). I am not sure if they want me to drive for them or pay the 995 to retrain. I have already been trained for 4 weeks, driver trained for 4 weeks and also did the road by myself for two weeks, tow months ago. I feel that some or most companies might want me to be with a trainer for two weeks or so, but to retrain for seven days then go out with a trainer for 4 weeks again and another trainer for 3 months as a second seat @ .12 a mile don't really sound viable to me at that rate I probably won't go. With everything the way it is I don't see these schools turning out student drivers with no places to go.....is there anyone that has an answer or suggestion.......would help alot. e-mail me at [email protected]

Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Default I am new here to the industry

Hello,
My name is Dan, I am new here to the industry and I dont drive a truck. I joined this because I thought some of the truckers out there could benefit from what I do.

I sell aftermarket OEM, Brand new truck exhaust pipes. I dont know if there are rules here about posting my website, but you could find me on ebay if you want to. I enjoy looking at all the trucks out there that dress up with Chrome pipes.

If you have a want or need that you cant find, please let me know and I will do my best to help you. Thanks for reading this.

Dan.
Fort Wayne, IN

Old 03-29-2009, 02:53 AM
Rookie

Originally Posted by classa
New and old members alike, use this topic to take the time and introduce yourself to the other members using this forum board. No need to post a new topic, just post a reply and tell us about yourself.

:aktion057:
Name is Steve from Pearland Texas just southeast of Houston, starting school in Drumright Ok. and going to be driving for Conway Truckload out of Joplin Mo. married with a 12 year old son (my best buddy)planning on teaching him how to drive a BIG rig. Looking forward to driving all 48 and Canada. I worked in a chemical plant for 18 years (sick enough to throw up) so odd hours don't bother me. I decided to do this because I want to be alone and not hear a boss in my ear telling me how much money I am loosing by "not running max rates". Look for me out there soon.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Just curious, does anyone here ever do any "meet'n'greets"?

Old 04-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Rookie

Why hello there,
My name is Derek, Im not a driver because, well its pretty hard to get a cdl at only 15, I am a future trucker, My current favorite truck (which changes every month or so) is the Peterbilt 386, Im just a kid who is bored alot with time to kill, who wants to learn more about the industry.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Board Icon

Originally Posted by doublenickle
Why hello there,
My name is Derek, Im not a driver because, well its pretty hard to get a cdl at only 15, I am a future trucker, My current favorite truck (which changes every month or so) is the Peterbilt 386, Im just a kid who is bored alot with time to kill, who wants to learn more about the industry.
I wish ya the best of luck. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. When I was 15; if I knew I was gonna drive a truck for a living, I would have decided to be a doctor "when I grow up". :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 05-26-2009, 04:21 AM

The name is Paul. I retired my insurance agency and bought a sailboat in '05, sailed Western Mexico, and then lost the boat in a storm they named Henriette in '07. With nothing to do I paid my own way through a CDL school and hit the road. Then I met a women.

She made me want to be home all the time so I got a job driving local LTL; a day-cab, single-screw pulling a 28' pup around making 15-20 deliveries a day. Life was good... until she left.

So I decided to hit the road again. By this time it was Feb '09 and nobody but Swift, Werner and Prime were hiring in the West. So I chose Swift. Now I'm on the road, back where I was before. Life is good... well, actually it's just ok... I'm still working on "good."

Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Rookie
Smile EH!

hi my name is rolly. i am from ontario canada. i am 36 soon, married,3 kids,2dogs,2 hamsters,1 rabbit,lots of fish. i have worked at many jobs since i was 12. from 2000 to 2007 i worked for a warehouse for wall-mart. in 2005 i was hit by a van while biking home from work. when i started feeling better i went to collage and took a auto mechanic course to sell parts but nobody wanted to take a chance with a injured guy. in 2008 i got my az and c license and am driving a dump truck part time. i am still looking for a better job though. i like gardening, hockey, having bonfires, and getting to gather with friends. i am very easy to get along with. hopefully i can figure out this site and computer though. lol well here's to new friends and a better job

Old 06-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Rookie

I invite everyone to join me at WarOnTruckers.com. This site is by truckers for the enlightenment of America. The American people are reading and they do care (at least some of them do). Let's end Trucker Abuse today, Tell the American people what is really going on out here.

The latest series (with the big help of OOIDA) about the "Fatigued Driver Checklist" was widely read and has yielded results. People made calls and wrote letters, Indiana has ceased their use of the "checklist" and we have Minnisota on the run.

Drivers, WarOnTruckers needs your input so the American Voters can help make things better for us. They cannot help if they do not know the problems.

If you think Americans don't care, it was the American People with their letter writing and phone calls to congress that stopped the Mexican Cross Border Trucking.

If you are interested in Authoring on WarOnTruckers, Just click on the "Contact Us" within the Blog.

Be Safe
See you there.