I wanna smack my dispatcher

Old 01-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

unfortunately there is an ass for every seat. if he leaves some other desperate driver will jump right in the truck and start driving.. Sad but true.......

Old 01-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Yup - we have people put in applications on a daily basis...

As far as abandoning the truck like that - exactly how good of a reference would they give me for not only quitting under a load, but also leaving there truck somewhere and they have no idea where?

Old 01-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Board Regular

not a good one. and yes, the trucking industry is in bad shape. and yes there are alot of ****bag companies. but it is also on the drivers. the attitude of the hell with them, leave the truck and the load somewhere is total bull****. drivers that do this **** are the ones that make companies pay so little because of the cost involved in hiring drivers that leave the equipment at some random spot because they are having a bad day, which also cost money to go get said truck. we cannot constantly blame others for our misfortunes. with that attitude your one bad day will turn into years of bad days.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Board Regular

Sorry, but I will disagree. It is not the drivers fault for being treated like a used tampon . It is the truck owners fault for letting this driver get raped like that. As for the reference, who said you need to tell anyone?
And the "people apply everyday": good. They will continue to apply and turn over will be Hugh for this jerk as along as he pays in peanuts. People will be crashing his truck, insurance will be high, and he will get his trucks abused all so he can rape some unsuspecting rookie driver on a load.

Gentlemen I will agree to disagree. This guy is garbage and I would give yourself more of a chance in life then sitting there taking his abuse. Your life is only as good as you make it. If you sit there and do nothing, expect this for a long time. Go look for another job......
No change needed for my two cents. sorry but thats how I felt when I read your story. Would I do it? I don't know till I am hosed that bad. BUt if you have a clean record, some experience, know how to use a razor and bath tub, then you have a better chance then your giving your self credit for.

Good luck!

Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Who is it you work for? I want to make sure I never go near that company. .21 is stupid money.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by jonp
Who is it you work for? I want to make sure I never go near that company. .21 is stupid money.
True That Brother!!!!!!
A mother ***en men!

Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, as for the reference, it's on my DAC that I work here. I'm pretty damn sure they'd put it in the DAC if I abandoned the load and made the truck near impossible to find. Just how many companies would hire me then?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Board Regular

You know how many companies do not report to those? A LOT! LOL
Either way good luck. Don't take my advice. I was just fireing off rounds in the dark. Don't mind me.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

You know how many companies do? A LOT. You know how many companies tell other companies to get your info from DAC when you apply with them? A LOT.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Senior Board Member

What a crappy week this has been, to say the least. It's Friday morning, I just finished a load and waiting for my next load. I started Monday morning and have already driven a little over 2,100 miles. Now the bad part: every load except the very first has SUCKED...

Load 1: 548 loaded, 39 empty - paid me $0.35pm
Load 2: 566 loaded, 34 empty - paid me $0.21pm
Load 3: 291 loaded, 23 empty - paid me $0.31pm
Load 4: 303 loaded, 78 empty - paid me $0.24pm
Overall total: 1882 miles (2,102 actual), $0.277pm ($0.248pm actual hub)

Reply Subscribe