HOS for Lot Lizards....

Old 08-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Board Regular

What a life eh?

Old 08-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Board Icon

Originally Posted by Skullitor
Sadly in OKY City, I've seen lizzards that look like their 12 years old! ops: Sad too. :cry:
Yeah-Me too unfortunately-OKC has been bad for quite awhile

Old 08-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Board Regular

Skull... you remind me of the time our design firm did a TA outside of Atlanta, I had to go down for project site meetings and during the punch out, I made the comment, being a smart ass, that we needed at least one trucking parking spot reserved for the handicapped and it had to have a DOT sign identifying it as such..............well, a week later, I come back to do the final punch out and low an behold there it is..........the first spot on the end of the middle lane, striped and a DOT sign.......needless to say I was somewhat dumb founded and then realized the GC was about to pee in his pants from laughter.......... we left it there, it wasn't really a slot, but was supposed to be painted with yellow stripes to designate the end of the line of parking.......the GC later told me the TA manager got more laughs from the looks of drivers as they walked in the first week........it took the lot layout sub a week to get back and repaint the lines yellow.........

Old 08-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by yoopr
Sadly in OKY City, I've seen lizzards that look like their 12 years old! ops: Sad too. :cry:
Yeah-Me too unfortunately-OKC has been bad for quite awhile
Yeah Yoopr, I seen the cops did a MAJOR STING there, Arresting the drivers who offer $$$ to under cover female cops. :x TO ME, THATS
ENTRAPMENT! :x A Lawyer sitting next to me looking at my laptop said
the magic word to cops is "WHEN YOU,offer a price" He said don't bother asking them if their a cop as the courts said they don't have to tell you the truth. LET THEM tell YOU Their price! he said.YOU CAN'T BE ARRESTED
as long as YOU DO NOT OFFER A PRICE OUT LOUD! As YOU ARE BEING RECORDED!
This conversation really livened up the T.A. Lunch counter as 20 or more truckers asked this guy questions on law.He was really cool and a nice guy.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Board Regular

The pilot leaving Memphis on 78 is really bad.........a warning for anybody thinking about it......MPD vice works it just about every day....chances are the little girl knocking on your door is undercover..........my wife, being a Public Defender with Shelby Co., has handled more than a few cases for drivers who were got in the operation........and if she isn't undercover, then chances are she's a crack hoe, who will steal you blind the first time you turn your back on her..........she's handled a few of those cases as well.

To be honest with you.........I've yet to see a lot lizard who could ever tempt me.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Board Regular

Aligator .... I like your idea of making them log their hours in log books........but dang, who are you going to get to do the DOT safety inspections......... you couldn't pay them inspectors enough to do that..... besides, they'd run out of OOS tags to quick.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Senior Board Member

They only seem to come in 2 models creepishly young....., and the 200yr old look only meth can achieve ...............

Old 08-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's

They only seem to come in 2 models creepishly young....., and the 200yr old look only meth can achieve ...............
:lol: So true Jeep :wink:

Old 08-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Board Icon

Only stopped in OKC unless it was an Emergency-Always fuel-showered-slept and Ate at Big Cabin.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Board Icon

Ive gotten fuel in OK City at the flyin hook,but never stayed sinse I live an hour and a half from there :P

Reply Subscribe