New driver needs help

Old 09-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Rookie
Default New driver needs help

I'm from Brooklyn, NY , need some help from you guys of which company i should start out with or which one that hires newbies is the best in my area, i have a clean record and clean driving record. I have Class A with every possible endorsement including hazmat.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You might check the company listings on this forum. There are a lot of carriers listed. You might also check with the major training carriers. Schneider, Swift, Roehl, Millis are a few who come to mind. I don't know if all of these carriers hire in your area, but the company listings should tell you.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:49 AM

Here you go. Its up to you to take it from here and then ask questions. BOL

http://www.classadrivers.com/index.p...ing&StateID=NY

Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: New driver needs help

Originally Posted by Escalade
I'm from Brooklyn, NY , need some help from you guys of which company i should start out with or which one that hires newbies is the best in my area, i have a clean record and clean driving record. I have Class A with every possible endorsement including hazmat.
that's a very vague question that really can only be answered by you. IMO the first thing you need to do is make a list of the things that are important to you, i.e. benefits, home time, $$, etc......then prioritize it. Take that list and match it to potential companies.....this should help you to start narrowing down the choices. Remember that there is no such thing as a "perfect" company.