TN revoking Swift Licenses given over past couple of years

Old 01-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Based on the news reports that I have read the reason that those who tested through Swift's third party testing facility in TN are being retested is that there is some serious question as to whether or not the skills tests were given at all, at least to some students.

For those that went through that testing facility during the time frame in question and have since gotten a CDL in another state it is going to be up to your current home state as to if you need to be retested or not. What all of those who no longer have a TN CDL needs to do is to contact their state and see what they need to do and also to keep an eye on the mail and even though your state may tell you not to worry about it, check the validation status of your CDL after that 90 day period has passed just to be on the safe side.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Default We were trying to keep this story a secret . .

. . over here: http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/a...est-again.html

Old 01-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Board Icon

Originally Posted by Zen Road Warrior
This is actually a serious inquiry...A friend of mine who went through the Swift Academy with me about 2 years ago received a letter from the state of TN stating that all class A CDLs given by the Swift Academy from the past few years (since 05, I think) will be revoked in 90 days. ALL CDL holders must go through testing again.

It is a legit letter from the state. We've both moved on to different companies immediately after the academy. We've both switched our licenses over from TN to our different home states.

I've not had a solid address so did not receive the letter. Changed my address about 6 times since then.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Could this be possible?

We all know the school is not up to standards but can this legally happen?

If anyone knows anything please let me know..
Thanks
In most states, if not all, it doesn't matter if you make your living with your driver's license or not, it's up to you to make sure your license is in good standing. It's still considered a "PRIVILEDGE", and not protected by the 5th amendment. I have no idea how many states are going to require retesting for the CDLs in question. And, the rest of you... Be thankful that it's only one school (for now) and not all of them.

Does anyone know if there is a web site for those drivers to get together and make some serious waves?

Old 01-24-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pack_Rat
I think the SKILLS part is what is in question with anyone who went to the swift school. It seems the testers neglected to administer that part of the test to a lot of the students. So you may not be as safe as you think.

I understand the part they they are questioning is the SKILLS part and while I will keep checking in on it to make sure my CDL stays valid. And even if IN asked me to test the skills part after over 2 yrs out here im sure i wont have any issues passing

Old 01-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Board Member

From some of the recent performances I have seen from Swift drivers, they should revoke alot more than just the last couple years.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Board Regular

Amen Brotha!!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Board Icon

Originally Posted by dollarshort
From some of the recent performances I have seen from Swift drivers, they should revoke alot more than just the last couple years.
I've also seen a few Swift drivers that have impressed me with their performance. Every company has drivers that know what they are doing, and those that do not. Simply have to "WEED" them out.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Illinois is making the drivers re-test. Two guys I work with got a letter from the state giving them 90 days to re-test or surrender their license.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by dollarshort
hey man, how are those 4500 mile weeks treating ya? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Old 01-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Board Icon

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Illinois is making the drivers re-test. Two guys I work with got a letter from the state giving them 90 days to re-test or surrender their license.
Makes me very glad I wasn't included in that, but...

In every other walk of life, there is legal recourse for those affected. I mean, for crying out loud, look what it's worth to spill McDonald's hot coffee in your lap. To my way of thinking, this is far more serious than a cup of coffee. Far more people affected.

Reply Subscribe