Passinger Rider Policy...

Old 10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Default Passinger Rider Policy...

When I was a company driver I had a rider policy that I paid $25.00 per month for and the riders could be as young as 13. Now that i'm an o/o leased onto a company the only rider policy is that all riders have to be at least 18 years old and I can only have one at a time.

This policy is through the leased company. Is there any wat to add to the policy or change it to include younger riders?

Thanks
Neckster

Old 10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Passinger Rider Policy...

Originally Posted by Neckster
When I was a company driver I had a rider policy that I paid $25.00 per month for and the riders could be as young as 13. Now that i'm an o/o leased onto a company the only rider policy is that all riders have to be at least 18 years old and I can only have one at a time.

This policy is through the leased company. Is there any wat to add to the policy or change it to include younger riders?

Thanks
Neckster
The short answer is no. When you signed the contract to pull for a company, you agreed to the terms of the contract. There is a reason why they don't want riders under 18, and that is because of the liability that it puts on the company in the event of an accident.

As far as only 1 rider at a time, you must legally have a DOT approved seat with a restraint device for every person in the vehicle. That means the bed is not a seat.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:02 PM

As far as only 1 rider at a time, you must legally have a DOT approved seat with a restraint device for every person in the vehicle. That means the bed is not a seat.
Let's scratch are head on this one, the bed? So what your saying Rev. is everyone has to be seated and strapped into a DOT approved seat?

Well what do you think team drivers do when one is driving and the other is in the sleeper? Did they take out the bed and put some DOT approved seats back their?

If you say this is a law, their is thousands of drivers breaking this law. I think Rev. has a FMCSR book that he added his own chapter. :lol:

Old 10-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I think Rev. has a FMCSR book that he added his own chapter.
lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 10-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Passinger Rider Policy...

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Originally Posted by Neckster

Thanks
Neckster
The short answer is no. When you signed the contract to pull for a company, you agreed to the terms of the contract. There is a reason why they don't want riders under 18, and that is because of the liability that it puts on the company in the event of an accident.

Oh, "GOOD REV"... Are you really sure about that one? If so, look at all the teams that are in violation. While one driver is behind the wheel, the other one is in something that is not an approved seat. Sleeping in the bunk. And, they HAVE to do that or they certainly can not run team. So, if the bed is not an approved seat, the co-driver does not belong there either. We've got a problem.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 AM

I took what he said to mean that there has to be a seat for every approved passenger, not that the passenger has to be in the seat. For example: 2 people in the truck: 2 seats. If you had 3 people in the truck and only 2 seats, that would be the problem.

Just the way I read what he was saying

Old 10-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Senior Board Member

I took what he said to mean that there has to be a seat for every approved passenger, not that the passenger has to be in the seat. For example: 2 people in the truck: 2 seats. If you had 3 people in the truck and only 2 seats, that would be the problem.

Just the way I read what he was saying

:lol: :lol: it's called sarcasm :lol: :lol:

Old 10-23-2006, 02:25 AM

I seemed to miss the sarcasm in those replies. They seemed pretty serious to me.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Board Icon

devildice is right. I was "PICKING" on Rev.

But, I have seen whole families in a truck. Mom, Dad, and all three kids. Not sure how they all get past the state scales. I do seem to recall in the book on Federal Regs, that it states you can only have 2 people in a truck. Don't remember what rule it was, and it may have been changed, but.... No, I don't think that one would have been changed.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member

I seemed to miss the sarcasm in those replies. They seemed pretty serious to me.
stick around long enough and you'll be able to tell........in fact, stick around long enough and you may be the blunt of it too.....lol :lol:

Reply Subscribe