fedex ground line haul

Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Rookie

so far I had few drivers and they were all (except one) worth nothing.They almost always cost me more than what they made.Last guy I had, I was paying $700.00 a week, his pay,truck payments and fuel (without anything else) was running around $1,300.00 per week, he was making anywhere from $800.00 to $1,300.00 per week, maybe once or twice he made $1,800.00 I guess that was when he decided to work.He would get to work around 9-10 am and leave around 4pm, I didn`t even know that he wasn`t working.I even paid him full pay when he was sick or needed a day or two of hoping that he will do a good job if I tret him good.Last week he worked he made $800,00 ( I lost $500.00 ) and the very last Friday he made $50.00 for the whole day.
Another guy was suposatly driving since 1993, I told him 5 times to make sure he has fuel in his truck because fuel indicator was messed up.He calls me at 9pm one nite with a "bad news" , he ren out of fuel, he was parked at the middle of the road at the light, it was 9pm he was supposed to leave at 8.30pm , but he was on his way to fill up the truck, with the best luck on theis world he would have been ready to leave around 10.30-11pm, 2-3 hours late.
I let him use my other truck and I spent from 9pm untill 6am next morning working on the truck.
Me and mechanic could do nothing so I end up towing the truck to Peterbilt dealership.At the end the whole circus costed me $1,500.00 , he burned the fuel pump.
And than he tells me it was my fault because I didn`t tell him truck was low on fuel. :roll:
So far my experience with drivers is terrible, they don`t care about the job,they don`t wont to work and they for sure don`t care about your equipment.So,how smart is to put your livelihood, $60,000.00 + truck into some idiots hands and risk to get a phone call at the middle of the nite with a news that the engine on your truck blew and you need to tow it to the shop and pay $25,000.00 to reapir it.
Be very careful with drivers,there is a huge posibility they will make more damage than good to you and your business.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:39 AM

To be completely honest & fair....I'm really not interested in the fact that you bought a truck
awe come on now, you cared enough to read my post and write me a reply I will admit though I don't think you care as much as ol' jeffy.

sorry you got tied up with such a horrible company as fedex jeff, as I said in my first post one of my best freinds runs 7 truck for them and makes a very good living doing it, and I am not just taking his word for it I have been on the Groundforce web site and printed off his weekly settlement sheets.

I'm also sorry to hear about your bad experiance with drivers, not everyone is cut out to run guys, I've run truck drivers and field help at our sod farm for the last 16 yrs and know how many problems that can bring to the party.

are you familiar with the fedexaminer website there are many folks over there that feel the same way you do about fedex and might be more sympathetic to your woes.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:24 AM
floored

Hi "Jeff"

:roll:

Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Rookie

Furnis,

I don`t need no sympathi, I worked there for 4 years and I told you why I quit and what you do is complitly up to you and has nothing to do with me.
I gave you advice and you can listen or not, it`s up to you.
I have other things to worry about.And yes,of course I know about all of the FedEx related web sites on the net, I`m not done with them yet.

Floored,that is a nice truck, I have `03 387 with little less than 600 000 miles.C15 runs pretty good.
How do you like FedEx Ground?

JJ

Old 05-05-2007, 04:13 AM
floored

Not buying it Rodriguez.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Board Icon

I think, floored has stumbled across something. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 05-05-2007, 01:19 PM

I think, floored has stumbled across something

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: