fedex ground line haul

Old 05-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Rookie

Dear xxxx ,

Tell Congress to Act on the FedEx Contractor Scam

The FedEx Ground independent contractor scam has gone on long enough. The powers that be are coming around to the cost shifting and tax cheating. And you can add your voice to the movement that will end the FedEx scam.

The United States House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee is in charge of all revenue and spending decisions in Congress. On Tuesday, May 8, two Ways and Means Committee subcommittees are holding a joint hearing on the abuse of independent contractor status.

The subcommittees are inviting public comment on the effects of misclassifying employees as independent contractors. All public submissions will be entered into the official printed record and on the Ways and Means Committee internet site. Public statements can be completed at the hearing’s online submission form.

Tell Congress your views on the independent contractor scam at FedEx Ground. Tell them about your experiences. Tell them as a taxpayer how you want to see FedEx take its responsibility as an employer.

This May 8 joint hearing is the latest of a series of Congressional investigations into the independent contractor problem. In March 2007, the House Committee on Education and Labor Worker Protections Subcommittee held a hearing on providing fairness to workers who have been misclassified as independent contractors. Statements and witness testimony clearly identified the widespread and growing misclassification in many industries.

Millions of workers are being denied rights and benefits by companies that abuse the contractor status. Billions of dollars are being skimmed out of federal and state treasuries by companies that avoid paying their proper share. Add your voice. Tell Congress to end the FedEx independent contractor scam.
this is one of the many emails I get about FedEx Ground.Looks like they are going in front of the Congress now.Like I said,there is no telling what will future bring for FedEx Ground.Hope they end up paying all the money they owe to IRS and their drivers.

JJ

Old 05-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Board Regular

Most of the problems fedex ground has is with its delivery drivers not its linehaul. While I'm sure some linehaul guys aren't happy with the company; its the p&d guys who are getting the shaft as independant contractors.

I am bias because I work for UPS, so I hope Fedex gets fined for millions of dollars. :lol:

Old 05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brown67
Most of the problems fedex ground has is with its delivery drivers not its linehaul. While I'm sure some linehaul guys aren't happy with the company; its the p&d guys who are getting the shaft as independant contractors.
yes, that is correct.But if they luse and they end up having to pay all that cash to IRS and drivers that will affect all of the drivers, P&D as well as Line Haul.

JJ

Old 05-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Board Regular

It will affect the whole company because of the money they will have to come up with to pay everyone off, but I don't see the linehaul side of the company changing its operations much. The p&d guys will have to change a lot. Most likely becoming company drivers.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Rookie

I just hope they pay for all the crap and problems they cosed.
The bigest bunch of arrogant scum in one place, with Fred Smith on the front.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:44 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

jeff if you want to work as a union employee go apply at roadway or yellowfreight. at the very least quit hijacking my thread and go start your own cryfest about fedex somewhere else.

just because you failed as an independant contractor for fedex doesn't mean they are a bad company.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Rookie

and you are an idiot looks like it, so go ahead and be successful, you think you are smarter than all the other guys..what a dumbass :roll:

Old 05-07-2007, 01:27 AM

[/quote]and you are an idiot looks like it, so go ahead and be successful, you think you are smarter than all the other guys..what a dumbass[quote]

oh yeah well your a dumbo doodoo head, you make as much sense as a 6yr old in an argument.

GET OFF MY THREAD DOODOO HEAD

Old 05-07-2007, 04:16 AM
floored

Originally Posted by jeff_jeff11us
Hope they end up paying all the money they owe to IRS and their drivers.

JJ
And I had hoped you would have paid me back my $1500 ALBERTO/PETER/JJ-what-ever-your-name-is but we both know that won't ever happen.

and you are an idiot looks like it, so go ahead and be successful, you think you are smarter than all the other guys..what a dumbass :roll:
Ah, there are your true colors, I was waiting for you to start insulting people under your "new" user name. Once an a-hole, always an a-hole... Too bad you can't take responsibility for your f-ups and instead you pass the blame. It's always the POS companies fault, your sucky driver, ect.. Too bad you don't have a clue as to what a "dumbass" you make yourself look like on here and all the Mustang message boards.

:roll:

And don't deny it, I'm not buying your bs now or ever again. I hope you get your home and truck repo'd, you truly deserve it. But hey maybe that was all bs you were feeding me to get out of paying back your debt.

And since your using "JJ" as your new name, maybe I should start signing my posts under Kymberly's name, what ya think??

:roll: :roll: :roll:

drama..

Old 05-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by floored
Hope they end up paying all the money they owe to IRS and their drivers.

JJ
And I had hoped you would have paid me back my $1500 ALBERTO/PETER/JJ-what-ever-your-name-is but we both know that won't ever happen.

Ah, there are your true colors, I was waiting for you to start insulting people under your "new" user name. Once an a-hole, always an a-hole... Too bad you can't take responsibility for your f-ups and instead you pass the blame. It's always the POS companies fault, your sucky driver, ect.. Too bad you don't have a clue as to what a "dumbass" you make yourself look like on here and all the Mustang message boards.

:roll:

And don't deny it, I'm not buying your bs now or ever again. I hope you get your home and truck repo'd, you truly deserve it. But hey maybe that was all bs you were feeding me to get out of paying back your debt.

And since your using "JJ" as your new name, maybe I should start signing my posts under Kymberly's name, what ya think??

:roll: :roll: :roll:

drama..
I take it you know each other.... :lol: :lol: :lol: