Random Drug Program

Old 05-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Random Drug Program

Last year when getting my own authority I found out that I needed to join a random drug test program. I signed up with OOIDA's which cost me $100.

I needed to add the guy now driving my truck and they told me it was a $100 per person. Well I found out that was basically a rip off and I assumed that I might have mistaken what I heard.

Well I called back and sure enough it's $100 per person (plus join OOIDA fee). I asked how can he justify that and he said that they pay for the test.

I made some comment about that do they ususally do just one truck operations and he said he has a few large or larger fleets. I told him that those are the types that will be out of business.

Anyway there is another place I found local in Miami that charges $100 set up and then there is no cost to add members. When a drug test comes up it's only $35. They said if the drivers are elsewhere they have places all over the country for them to take a test.

More and more I don't see the point of OOIDA. Anyway just passing on the information for those that need it.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

How big is the pool they put you in? The guy I leased to in FL awhile back switched from OOIDA to NASTC. They put him in his own pool :shock: :lol:

Old 05-09-2008, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

I forget the size of the pool. She said since I only have the driver and me that we will be put into a pool with others.

That OOIDA is something else.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Board Regular

merrick,

In case you need to set up your own account some day.
This company offers national post accident,rapid and lab based drug testing,background checks,fingerprinting and web based solutions. http://www.labcorpsolutions.com/employer.html

Over 1000 locations - http://www.labcorpsolutions.com/psclocframe.html

Old 05-12-2008, 10:47 PM

I was with one company ($129) that had really small pools and I was tested about every 2-3 months, it got old you would think after the 3rd or 4th time some one would see that I am not taking drugs and give me a break. I switched to The Compliance Group ($80) and have only been tested a couple of times. Last week a CHP officer pulled me over and when I handed him the card he asked what it was, when I said "my drug card" he freaks and says "drug card? like for medical marijuana?" "No officer sir all commercial drivers have to be enrolled in a random testing program." "Really when did this start?" I told him "yesterday while you were still at the academy, it's in your book on page 348." So I left with my speeding ticket for 62 MPH, seven MPH over. I may speed a pinch but I am not on drugs.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am curious as to why you would show your drug consortium card to a cop who stopped you for speeding? :?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:52 PM

Never really thought about it he asked for DL and med card and they are all in the same stack so I just handed it over. Why? Should I not have? I paid good money for it I would like to think it means something.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Senior Board Member

All this talk about drugs brings me back to the 70's in high school. Me and 3 other guys riding around in a beat up Volvo listening to Gratefull Dead and the whole car filled with smoke. We are on the side of the road and didn't notice a cop until he knocked on the window. The smoke poured out and we were laughing SOOOOOO hard the cop started laughing and just walked away. The good old days.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Don't know why but that brought back this pink panther memory

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zM9-3HP62FM