Hey Tracer.....

Old 03-18-2011, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by tracer
I think shooting fish in a barrel is easier than tarping a 10'5" tall load. You need my Conestoga
Come on tracer, for $4.53 a mile I would tarp it naked in the snow! Lets be realistic here!

Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by skrissel
...I would tarp it naked...
The rate is good, but the trip is too short. You'll spend 3 hours tarping today, and 2 days untarping tomorrow. I prefer something like this:

Origin: IL, USA
Destination: Western Canada
Trailer: flat or step
Weight: 44,000 lbs
Miles: 2,200
Rate: $4.55/mi
Revenue: $10,010

OR

Origin: PA, USA
Destination: Western Canada
Trailer: step
Weight: 50,000 lbs
Miles: 2,300
Rate: $4.21/mi
Revenue: $9,683

As far as I can tell both are no-tarp. What's interesting is that both loads go pretty much to the same area, but Load 1 can be done with a basic flat, weighs less and pays better than Load 2 that requires a step.

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 03-18-2011, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

The rate is good, but the trip is too short. You'll spend 3 hours tarping today, and 2 days untarping tomorrow.
Nothin' wrong with those rates. What the heck are you complaining about not makin' any money for?

That 125" piece of mine is 7' long. There won't be more than 2 hrs total labor in that tarp job....untarping included. That's $125/hr and no fuel burned. I call that a good deal. But then I was raised on a farm.

Last edited by rank; 03-18-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 AM

Anyone that doesnt want to hop out of the truck and tarp for that kind of money is crazy! And what do ya mean the load is to short. Short haul, high rate! Thats what you should be looking for. Didnt you just spend some time not to long ago talking about how you were gonna try and start concentrating on short mile high revenue loads yourself? Make those dollars, dont run away from them!

Old 03-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Senior Board Member

If you post your truck as available on Trucker's Edge, does anyone ever call with good loads?
Yep. I sometimes get calls for cheap stuff as well though. In the comments section I put "No Cheap Freight" That holds off some of them. The ones that read it anyways.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by RostyC
Yep. I sometimes get calls for cheap stuff as well though. In the comments section I put "No Cheap Freight" That holds off some of them. The ones that read it anyways.
The one's that speak english anyways LOL

Reply Subscribe