who offers the best flatbed company

Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Rookie
Default who offers the best flatbed company

Who offers the best all around employment package for flatbed work? Ive looked at TMC, Rheil, and Maverick.... who are the other out there?

Old 09-26-2006, 01:38 AM
Board Regular
Default mcleod

mcleod

Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Mason Dixon, SMX

Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

I assume you meant Roehl....

Of course, outside those mentioned already are the dry van/flatbed dual carriers... the Werners, Schneiders, Swifts and the like.

There are also many smaller quality carriers depending on the level of experience you have.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 AM
Rookie

yes i meant roehl... sorry for the spelling, i will be anew driver deciding right now if i want to go to roadmasters or not... not sure though.. i have experience dealing with the flatbed industry and would like to go with that.

tndieselgrl what part of TN are you from? im just outside of memphis

Old 09-28-2006, 03:58 AM
Rookie

If you live near Memphis, You might want to check with BTC(Builders Transportation Co.), The accept students. Just a bit of advice if you go there. If you have ever heard of horror stories about getting stuck with
bad trainers,they're true there. I got stuck with a 400Lb,know it all that when he said he had to go to the bathroom,well, just put it this way, he was so big,I don't think he could reach to wipe. He would shower only twice a week,1 OTR and the other at his home on the W/E. Your home on the week-ends will be in a hotel in the city he lives.Expect to be away from home for 5 Weeks. It's a small company that they say will never get over 600 trucks and 1500 trailers. All new('05-07)FreightShacker Columbia's with 450hp MercedesBenz motors will exhaust brakes,not jakes. After training pay of $300/wk,they start you of @$.35/mi...after1yr @ $.38/mi...avg,2800mi/wk and they get ya home every w/e for at least 34hrs...They have some really good trainers,I just got stuck with a ripe one... :cry:

Old 09-28-2006, 04:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Good luck with whoever you choose. Questions on TMC? feel free to email me, pm again, or call. Anytime.

Fred

Old 09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Boyd Brothers is a flat bed carrier out of Alabama. I don't know much about their pay package or requirements. Noble & Pitts is another flat bed carrier out of Alabama.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:53 PM

I've heard great things about Boyd Bros.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Board Regular

Ya might try also Anderson Trucking Service (ATS) i personlly do not know anything about them just saw in a trucking mag.that they are now taking Studebts in there Flatbed and Spec.Div. Good Luck.