Crete Carriers

Old 10-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Rookie
Default Crete Carriers

I have heard alot of good things about Crete, but would like to know form a driver who is currently working for them what it is like to work for them.

Another thing is if anyone has done trainning with them what that was like.

Thanks

Old 10-19-2006, 05:34 PM

I love it great pay, lots of miles, so-so equipment.

Did I mention, lots of miles? 8)

Any other questions?

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 10-20-2006, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Crete_drvr
I love it great pay, lots of miles, so-so equipment.

Did I mention, lots of miles? 8)

Any other questions?

If I live in Boise will they hire me and be able to get me home every two or three weeks?

Old 10-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Absolutely. Especially if you get yourself on to the western regional fleet.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Rookie

Bill Wisell we need to chat, if you are out there
Crete is a great company

Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by bman2015
Bill Wisell we need to chat, if you are out there
Crete is a great company
I don't think he frequents these boards much anymore, if at all. However, you can reach him at 1-800-998-2221.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member
Default CRETE

I have a tentative date to go to orientation with Crete. I didn't ask the recruiter many details about the trucks. Could someone enlighten me. 9 or 10 speeds? What size motor? I know they are goverened at 65 or so. Is the interior pretty descent, carpet? Comfy seats? CD or Cassette? Power Windows? Heated mirrors? How often can you get a wash done? She (the recruiter)thought once a month but she said they like clean trucks also so if it's dirty you can probably get it washed more than that if it needs it. I'm kind of anal when it comes to clean. Anyway, any other info appreciated. Thanx

Old 10-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: CRETE

Originally Posted by robertt
I have a tentative date to go to orientation with Crete. I didn't ask the recruiter many details about the trucks. Could someone enlighten me. 9 or 10 speeds? What size motor? I know they are goverened at 65 or so. Is the interior pretty descent, carpet? Comfy seats? CD or Cassette? Power Windows? Heated mirrors? How often can you get a wash done? She (the recruiter)thought once a month but she said they like clean trucks also so if it's dirty you can probably get it washed more than that if it needs it. I'm kind of anal when it comes to clean. Anyway, any other info appreciated. Thanx
Generally speaking the trucks are Freightliner Century S/T's with Meritor 10 speed transmissions and Detroit engines governed at 65. I just got a new 07 last week. This one has a CD player, but my 04 had a cassette. The seats are pretty basic with armrests. The floors are rubber, but you can get a precut carpet set in black, charcoal or gray out of the company store in Lincoln, NE for $75. Only the passenger side mirror/window is power and they do have heated mirrors. You can wash your truck at a Pilot Express or Blue Beacon once a month. Anything over that is out of your pocket. You're allowed to wash your truck at the terminals as often as you like for free. I know at Lincoln they have one or two full time guys that clean them. Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Senior Board Member

FlyByNight, I PM'd you

Old 10-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Rookie
Default SNI buying out Crete

I read a post on Pumkindriver dated Feb. 2006 that said that SNI bought out Crete Carrier.

Here's the post:

http://www.pumpkindriver.com/cgi-bin...=007212#000016

I would like to know if this is true.

Reply Subscribe