Marten Transportation LTD of Movrovia, Wi

Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Marten Transportation of Movrovia ,Wi

Originally Posted by jonekatz1
Hey Anyone!"

In the Know doe's Marten Pull any Produce Loads
Yes we do. Quite a bit out of California. However most produce loads are put on teams. As a solo I don't see it very often. 8)

Old 04-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Rookie

Yeah true but when I pulled for Bluebird as a Solo driver.
They would send me to pickup frozen stawberries from Dole in MERCED,CA I beleive it was headed to rockford,il .
Or franklin,indiana to some bakery there.
Marten does alot of I-80 east and west.At least when I was with them and I always got good miles to.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Board Regular
Default Marten Transportation of Movrovia ,Wi

Hey T.K.,

I was reading a article recently & it said that if someone hires on with your outfit that the referring Driver would be the reciepient of $ 1,000. how long does the new Driver have to be on for? I 'm also curious if cool air comes through the A/C Ducts by the APU? 8) :idea:

Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 PM

Hey T.K.,

I was reading a article recently & it said that if someone hires on with your outfit that the referring Driver would be the reciepient of $ 1,000. how long does the new Driver have to be on for? I 'm also curious if cool air comes through the A/C Ducts by the APU? 8) :idea:
The APU I have in my marten truck kicks out thru the special vent underneath the bunk.And it will only operate in between certain temps.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Board Regular
Default Marten Transportation of Movrovia ,Wi

Hey T.K. or Anyone,

Familiar with Marten's Midwest regional Op's. I'm told by Marten that U would would be home weekly. Is that accurate, I'm curious what kind of units do they use.I:E Whisper unit or other, I know they use Thermo-King & Carrier units, are the APU units Very noisy. AnY accurate InFo would be appreciated. 8) :?:

I never Met A Man, I Didn't Like. Will Rodgers

Old 05-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey T.K. or Anyone,

Familiar with Marten's Midwest regional Op's. I'm told by Marten that U would would be home weekly. Is that accurate, I'm curious what kind of units do they use.I:E Whisper unit or other, I know they use Thermo-King & Carrier units, are the APU units Very noisy. AnY accurate InFo would be appreciated. 8) :?:
I'm not sure what they mean by home weekly on the regional work. I haven't really talked to any regional drivers. Most of our fleet of trailers are Thermo-Kings, about 70% the rest are Carriers. The Thermo-Kings are pretty quiet and the Carriers are a bit louder. I have a Thermo-King APU unit on my truck and I consider it very quiet, more than the reefer. Time for bed 8) 8)

Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Default Maine?

I see by the job listing description that they don't hire in MAINE. I tried calling to confirm this and after being on hold for 25 minutes, I gave up. Anyone know if that is true or if they'll hire from Southern Maine??
Thanks,
Chikin Trucka.

:withstupid:

http://eastcoasthoppers.com/
Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member

I couldn't say for sure but I doubt they are hiring in Maine. There's a few loads going into Maine but not much coming out, have to deadhead out of there. Usually recruiting is good at answering the phones. I'll see what I can come up with unless you get a hold of them. 8) 8)

Reply Subscribe