Heartland

Old 05-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Rookie
Default Heartland

Anyone know anything about the salary position they offer out of atlanta ie. hometime

Old 05-07-2008, 03:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

The salary run is $800 per week if you do not have hazmat...$825 if you do. It's primarily short haul freight running in about a 250 mile radius of the terminal.

You must be available for dispatch 5 1/2 days out of the week and you earn the salary, even if you sit the whole week. If you happen to run a lot of miles and your mileage pay would pay you more than the salary, then you would get the mileage pay.

If you are not available for dispatch for 5 1/2 days out of the week, you get the standard regional mileage pay.

Hometime is pretty much on the weekends, but because of the nature of the short haul freight, you have a good chance to be through the house during the week as well.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Rookie

I,v been @ Heartland Express for 3 yrs. Things just keep getting worse.
On vac.Not goin back. Too much stress for this old man.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Board Regular

They could possibly be the worst company out there along with England and Prime . Drivers look at there pay per mile (which is hhg miles) and get excited . They offer nothing else , nothing .

Old 05-09-2008, 04:18 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

They offer nothing else , nothing
At least for you. :roll: 3000 other drivers would probably differ with you.

I still don't understand your intolerable hatred for Heartland, Smooth. But it hasn't effected our bottom line yet. I'll be sure to let you know if it does.

:roll:

Fact is, we are one of the few companies out there that have not reduced pay, one of the fewer that have not reduced speed, and one of those fewest still running comfortably in the black.

Heartland is as stable as ever. I'm not sure if you're still driving for them, but you cannot say the same thing about Yellow.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer

I still don't understand your intolerable hatred for Heartland, Smooth. But it hasn't effected our bottom line yet. I'll be sure to let you know if it does.

Fact is, we are one of the few companies out there that have not reduced pay, one of the fewer that have not reduced speed, and one of those fewest still running comfortably in the black.

Heartland is as stable as ever. I'm not sure if you're still driving for them, but you cannot say the same thing about Yellow.
I don't have a hatred for Heartland , however the tactics they use to recruit drivers with there big cpm is a borderline scam . I'm making over 55 cpm at Yellow along with over $22 hourly wait time so I'm doing fine . How much detention does Heartland offer for there wait time ?

Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Rookie

heartland (heartless) is not a good company. they treat their drivers bad. they make you sit all day to make a 350 mile run at night. you have to fight to get detention. it is not worth the hassle

Old 05-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Rookie

Heartland Express may stable,They may still b n the black, their trucks still run @ 64 miles an hour.That does not make them the greatest company to work for. their drivers still sit all day after taking a 10hr brk.empty out and sit for a fedex load that has to b ran overnite.no detention pay,no layover pay.just mileage. One of THE worst companys i have worked for. Heartland Care bucks.Thats a joke. They are too stuck on them selves to suit me. I do not recomend anyone to HeartLessExpress.. I,m just sayn!

Old 05-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Board Regular

I have been talking with Heartland for a few weeks about a Columbus, OH Regional position. I am not quite close enough to do the Columbus salaried. Do you have any insight regarding avg weekly miles, employee cost for health insurance, and general life with Heartland.

Heartland seems like a decent outfit and have me approved for hire. I have been at this trucking for 2-years and I am on my fifth company. Eventually, I would like to stay with a company for a while. But right now it seems there isn't a hill of beans difference between trucking companies. I guess companies keep hiring me because I am developing quite a list of previous employers that say good things about me! Plus I don't hit things or get tickets.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by mbadriver
I have been talking with Heartland for a few weeks about a Columbus, OH Regional position. I am not quite close enough to do the Columbus salaried. Do you have any insight regarding avg weekly miles, employee cost for health insurance, and general life with Heartland.

Heartland seems like a decent outfit and have me approved for hire. I have been at this trucking for 2-years and I am on my fifth company. Eventually, I would like to stay with a company for a while. But right now it seems there isn't a hill of beans difference between trucking companies. I guess companies keep hiring me because I am developing quite a list of previous employers that say good things about me! Plus I don't hit things or get tickets.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Superior Carriers didnt work out for you?

Reply Subscribe