Leaving Covenant for Knight Refrigerated

Old 06-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Rookie
Default Leaving Covenant for Knight Refrigerated

I need to be solo for personal reasons and Knight called me up. So I'll be heading there soon. So now I can finally be solo and have my wife on the road with me. Unlike Covenants teams only crap, I'll be able to sleep at night and not have to worry about being a team driver.

So wish me luck. Now I have to figure out how I'm gonna leave this company w/o having them alter my DAC.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Board Regular

Easy, tell them your quitting and ask where they want the truck. when you turn it in get documentation. If they try anything on your dac file a rebuttal.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Rookie

I was thinking about just quitting when my codriver is on his hometime on the 14th thru the 17th. I'll be parked at a terminal anyways. I'm gonna tell them I have found better opportunities for me and wanting to be solo. That and I'm gonna add to it that 300 in the last three weeks isnt enough for me to want to stay around. So I'll be glad I'm gone.

How do I break it to my co driver though? He's a cool guy, but I swear he just uses me because I can back into docks really good (irregardless of how tight they are)

Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Leaving a trucking company on good terms is a balancing act..

Good Luck...

Knight Refridge has the BEST looking trucks on the road IMHO...Burgundy...or whatever that color is looks fine on their Petes

Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Rookie

So would leaving the company while the truck is already at a terminal be something that they could write negatively on my DAC report? I plan on leaving a message to my codriver stating a few things like (it was nice to have you as a codriver, but due to lack of mileage and consistent pay, I can no longer work here, I've been given a better opportunity with another company....etc.....) and I'm gonna say the same thing to my fleet manager with the quallcomm

Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Board Regular

At a terminal it's shouldn't be a big deal as long as you turn in your keys and let people know you are quitting. And make sure you're not under a load at the time.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Board Regular

I gave hogan a two week notice and was professional about it. I'm welcome back anytime, they have a truck fueled and ready for me to drive for them.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Senior Board Member

I'd give a little notice before quitting. Also, letting your team driver know would be respectful. 2 weeks is enough notice for just about any job. You can almost guarantee a good recommendation later.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Rookie

I'll talk to my codriver tonight about it and I'll call my FM about it on Monday. My co driver is an alright guy, but when I mention about leaving, he's always saying stuff like "what about me? what am I gonna do?"

Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by CharlesRosenow
I'll talk to my codriver tonight about it and I'll call my FM about it on Monday. My co driver is an alright guy, but when I mention about leaving, he's always saying stuff like "what about me? what am I gonna do?"
to be honest.... not your problem. Besides there are other drivers at the company they can pair him with.

Reply Subscribe