Crete is next to turn back their trucks

Old 06-20-2008, 06:00 PM
gmh
Board Regular

Been a busy couple of weeks. Met a lady online a month or so ago. Met her in person this morning. Likely we'll remain 'just friends'.

but I suppose I need to bump that thread to discuss my non-DOT reportable accident in Chicago the other day...

Old 06-20-2008, 06:32 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I was with a company who was set at 62 and years later they raised it to 65mph. And then acknowledge, there study concluded made no difference in mpg....LOL
Really? Kindly provide a link or proof of that, please. Until and unless you do, it's nothing more than lunch counter BS and not very believable BS at that.

:roll:

Someday soon the drivers will have the wheel back..
There you go again. You're not one of those guys from the other site with the mispelled strike proclamations, are you?

hang in there and remember what they asked and exspected of you.. Did they drive slower on there way home?
Yep.

did they sweat or freeze when they slept?
I sleep with the window open. My only issue is the blasted robins that start singing at 4:30 in the morning.

Do imates have what we are told to do with out?
No, they don't have their freedom. You have yours, meaning you can get off the road if you hate the industry so much.

Where is the LABOR board?????
Why? Because you expect a company that hired you to do a job, to make it perfect for you? Perhaps you'd like several half naked women to feed you peeled grapes during your 10 hour break?

Geez. :roll:

I get hit in the rear end doing 62 mph by Billy Big rigger, i will sue the comapny for putting me in that slam zone!
Now that is outrageously funny, right there. If you're in a 62 mph truck and doing more than the minimum (typically 45) and less than the limit, anyone that hits you from behind is 100% in the fault. Good luck with that lawsuit. LOL!

I get sick I will use workmens comp...
And I'm sure companies are beating down your door to hire you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You know, typically I'll take the high road on posts like this, but this crap just gets old. Try this on for size, OK?

1. This is trucking.

2. Trucking is hard.

3. Trucking is a job, not a lifestyle.

With me so far?

Great. Now, if you are a trucker, you are trucking because it's something you want (or wanted to do). No one is keeping you here. By the same token, no company is going to look at you with any degree of seriousness, either, if your words on this board are indicative of your actions in real life.

So what do you do?

You can either find a company that fits most of what your "demands" :roll: :roll: are and live with the rest. Or, you can head on down to the unemployment office or to your local college and look into retraining yourself for another profession.

It's not a difficult concept there. Sure, you might have some legit complaints and concerns...hell, we all do. But your attitude and your "way" of supposedly dealing with things is why the industry is so sour right now. If you want to talk about the problems of the industry and how to combat them, there are a lot of ongoing threads on this board where a lot of people are discussing and debating them. However, if all you want to do is spout off at the lunch counter and make impotent threats, you might be happier over on the other board along with all the other powerful strikers.

*snicker*

I'll edit to add, too, that I'm not coming down on the poster just for spite's sake. But if you're wanting to make a change, there are definitely better ways to go about doing it rather than makes enemies out of the people that actually make the decisions.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I was with a company who was set at 62 and years later they raised it to 65mph. And then acknowledge, there study concluded made no difference in mpg....LOL
Really? Kindly provide a link or proof of that, please. Until and unless you do, it's nothing more than lunch counter BS and not very believable BS at that.

:roll:

Someday soon the drivers will have the wheel back..
There you go again. You're not one of those guys from the other site with the mispelled strike proclamations, are you?

hang in there and remember what they asked and exspected of you.. Did they drive slower on there way home?
Yep.

did they sweat or freeze when they slept?
I sleep with the window open. My only issue is the blasted robins that start singing at 4:30 in the morning.

Do imates have what we are told to do with out?
No, they don't have their freedom. You have yours, meaning you can get off the road if you hate the industry so much.

Where is the LABOR board?????
Why? Because you expect a company that hired you to do a job, to make it perfect for you? Perhaps you'd like several half naked women to feed you peeled grapes during your 10 hour break?

Geez. :roll:

I get hit in the rear end doing 62 mph by Billy Big rigger, i will sue the comapny for putting me in that slam zone!
Now that is outrageously funny, right there. If you're in a 62 mph truck and doing more than the minimum (typically 45) and less than the limit, anyone that hits you from behind is 100% in the fault. Good luck with that lawsuit. LOL!

I get sick I will use workmens comp...
And I'm sure companies are beating down your door to hire you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You know, typically I'll take the high road on posts like this, but this crap just gets old. Try this on for size, OK?

1. This is trucking.

2. Trucking is hard.

With me so far?

Great. Now, if you are a trucker, you are trucking because it's something you want (or wanted to do). No one is keeping you here. By the same token, no company is going to look at you with any degree of seriousness, either, if your words on this board are indicative of your actions in real life.

So what do you do?

You can either find a company that fits most of what your "demands" :roll: :roll: are and live with the rest. Or, you can head on down to the unemployment office or to your local college and look into retraining yourself for another profession.

It's not a difficult concept there. Sure, you might have some legit complaints and concerns...hell, we all do. But your attitude and your "way" of supposedly dealing with things is why the industry is so sour right now. If you want to talk about the problems of the industry and how to combat them, there are a lot of ongoing threads on this board where a lot of people are discussing and debating them. However, if all you want to do is spout off at the lunch counter and make impotent threats, you might be happier over on the other board along with all the other powerful strikers.

*snicker*

I'll edit to add, too, that I'm not coming down on the poster just for spite's sake. But if you're wanting to make a change, there are definitely better ways to go about doing it rather than makes enemies out of the people that actually make the decisions.

Again with the "Trucking is a job, not a lifestyle" statement !!!

TF....are you having issues with your job...and yearning to be holding the steering wheel of a moving truck????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Stan! Don't start questioning TF! It has taken a long time to get him to this point. He is now progressing well.
:wink:

Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

TF....are you having issues with your job...and yearning to be holding the steering wheel of a moving truck????
Shhhhh! Don't blab it out! 8)

Old 06-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by belpre122
Stan! Don't start questioning TF! It has taken a long time to get him to this point. He is now progressing well.
:wink:
Concept: "Trucking is a Job, not a lifestyle"

Hmm, how about-- Trucking is now ONLY a Job, devoid of any "style"

or Once upon a time-- a driver could live the LIFE he loved and put bread on the table too!

I wish we could once again have some "style" + do the JOB.

I think for me-- "the lifestyle" slipped away when we started setting around
far from home with no "compensation" due to the misconceived notion that-- we drivers as a sub-culture -- wanted to be gypsy- that it didn't matter to us-
and yes-- because many bad apples have been ruining the reputation of Truckers. The one's only looking for a cot, that trash around from truckstop to truckstop. The one's that started not caring for personal appearance-- and showing up at customers in soiled sweat pants & torn dirty mid-drift tee shirts & flip flops.

I think you can go to far- with the "clean cut- professional" appearance thing. You can actually hurt your cause, by showing up at Shipping docks- OvER DRESSED

Old 06-21-2008, 07:03 AM
gmh
Board Regular

I avoid the issue of how to dress on docks by showing up naked. Well, the laughter sets them at ease, anyway.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Rookie

Originally Posted by evertruckerr
I would imagine your truck is shutting off after 45mins. If you don't have the unit set correctly or if the temp range outside is not above a preset level the truck will shut down after 45mins and then operate on a 15min on, 15min off cycle. I'm trying to find the specific directions in my old paperwork, but no luck yet.
If your opti idle is doing that cycling off and on every 15 minutes then you can press the "mode" button until the backlight goes out(about 3 seconds) and then press the temperature down button to turn it bck on and the cycling will shut off

My truck got turned down to 62 on my last b service. I look on the bright side. I can drive cross country without htting the brake cuz even RVs and motorhomes are passing me :roll:

Reply Subscribe