Crete is next to turn back their trucks

Old 06-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Senior Board Member

One finding one that would not put a drain on the batteries

Drain on batteries??? sounds like you're talking about that battery pack system under the bunk-- instead of an actual APU mounted to the frame.

That's even more worthless than Opti-Idle-- it's what JBHunt is running-- and those batteries fade away in 6 hours-- requiring you to start the truck and idle to recharge them..... worthless extra weight--- doesn't actually get the job done-- but saves the company much $$$ over a $5,000 apu( assuming a 1/2 price discount)[/quote]

Old 06-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Board Regular

Hey Bluebeetle,

Do you have any info as to when they are going to start handing out the new trucks in earnest.

Just curious about when I might be getting out of this old truck.

[email protected]
Old 06-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Senior Board Member

evertruckrr, I have been getting a lot fewer drop and hooks as well. It's down to about 30% for me.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Probably will need to check with your terminal manager for that answer. I know that the new trucks are trickling in slowly. Waiting on Freightliner and International to get production up and running.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Board Regular

headborg wrote:

HELLO, since you've gotten off the hook on the FLORIDA ACCIDENT---
Unfortunately that is not the case for the driver. He was just sentenced to 7 years. I'm in Jacksonville today and it's plastered on the front page of every paper in town.

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/...-deadly-crash/

[email protected]
Old 06-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Bluebeettle wrote:
Hours of service changes on a daily basis would be wonderful. Doubt that DOT is going to allow that to happen. I would rather see the old fashion log rules come back to play. A driver can drive 70 hours in 8 days. He/she can drive for 11 hours a day with a split sleeper birth. Still having the opportunity to take a 34 hour restart to get their 70 hours back. Scrap the 14 hour clock.
I think you completely misunderstood me on that:

Every morning, we are sending in a qualcom macro-- Hours of Service Update

on the number of hours we worked the previous day-- I meant change the macro-- include with that daily update--- a line which asks the driver to update the status of "how much fuel in tank"-- like the last line of the empty call. And route that information to a automated fuel solution-- and send back an updated fuel solution-- daily if needed.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
gmh
Board Regular

Not a bad idea headborg. I'm finding that my fuel consumption is all over the map for the past few weeks. I hit someplace with decent weather and it's windows open. Head south, and engine is running all night in a futile effort to keep the truck under 80 degrees inside.

Get stuck at a frakkin' grocery warehouse for five hours, and there's some extra idling as well...

At least this load is D&H on both ends.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by gmh
Get stuck at a frakkin' grocery warehouse for five hours, and there's some extra idling as well...
5 hours @ 1.2 gallons of diesel fuel per hour = $30.00. (I paid $4.99 this morning) 5 hours of lost equipment and employee productivity. Not to mention the 5 hours of your life gone.

Clearly, the days of irregular-route coolie OTR trucking are numbered in the present form.

Efficiency. Efficient logistics. That's the name of the game now. Bye, Bye BBR.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:35 PM
gmh
Board Regular

Originally Posted by belpre122
5 hours @ 1.2 gallons of diesel fuel per hour = $30.00. (I paid $4.99 this morning) 5 hours of lost equipment and employee productivity. Not to mention the 5 hours of your life gone.

Clearly, the days irregular-route coolie OTR trucking are numbered in the present form.

Not yet though. Until the trucking companies start passing on the price of the lost time and fuel to the shippers and consigners, there'll be no changes. At least for this reason.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by gmh
Originally Posted by belpre122

Clearly, the days irregular-route coolie OTR trucking are numbered in the present form.

Not yet though. Until the trucking companies start passing on the price of the lost time and fuel to the shippers and consigners, there'll be no changes. At least for this reason.
BINGO !!! We have a WINNER here !!!!

Until all trucking companies, SMALL & LARGE alike, start charging each stop for the time that both truck & driver spend sitting waiting for product to be shipped or received....NOTHING will change.