Flatbed companies

Old 06-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Rookie
Default Flatbed companies

I currently work for Coca Cola but spend about 400+ on gas A month getting back and forth to work. So I have decided to go with a flatbed company but would like any helpful advice. The physical part cant be any problem, I delivered 1450 cases of cokes in 14.5 hours in 98 degree south Ga. heat friday so work isn't an issue. I would like to know from anyone who has worked for or knows any first hand knowledge of the 3 comanies I have been approved to go to orientation with: Arrow in Tulsa OK , TMC and Cypress in Jacksonville Fl. I told all 3 I would let them know this week if and when I can come to Orientation. Thanks any help will be appreciated. 8)

Old 06-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Flatbed companies

Originally Posted by eptp88
I currently work for Coca Cola but spend about 400+ on gas A month getting back and forth to work. So I have decided to go with a flatbed company but would like any helpful advice. The physical part cant be any problem, I delivered 1450 cases of cokes in 14.5 hours in 98 degree south Ga. heat friday so work isn't an issue. I would like to know from anyone who has worked for or knows any first hand knowledge of the 3 comanies I have been approved to go to orientation with: Arrow in Tulsa OK , TMC and Cypress in Jacksonville Fl. I told all 3 I would let them know this week if and when I can come to Orientation. Thanks any help will be appreciated. 8)
seems like"Cypress " has equipment issues...read this

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...afff116797e46f

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Senior Board Member

I work for TMC and have for a year and a half. I think they are a great company to work for. For more information check out the 247 page TMC thread.

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...asc&start=3690

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
--------------------------------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien
Old 06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Rookie

I was told by TMC I quilified and I have been trying to contact my recruiter since last week with no luck, he wont call me back. :?: I have left 10-20 messages. I am leaving coke on the 30th so I need to hear from him soon as the are my first choice.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Senior Board Member

I have presented the theory on that thread that you are being tested by the recruiters. You need to show the right blend of persistence and patience with the recruiters. Leaving messages doesn't work very well usually. You need to keep calling until you get them live on the phone, and still be polite about not being called back.

The first step in proving to TMC that you want to work hard is getting through the recruiting process. Good luck.

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
--------------------------------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien
Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Coca Cola

Coca Cola .......... dont' they have auto trans in there trucks....????

that could be an issue..............just a thought............. :idea: 8)

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

The Mark Levin Show
Old 06-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Rookie

Coca Cola .......... dont' they have auto trans in there trucks....????

that could be an issue..............just a thought.............
No auto just a 10 sp/ 1994 international no a/c junked out oil sucking piece of junk. :!:
I have presented the theory on that thread that you are being tested by the recruiters. You need to show the right blend of persistence and patience with the recruiters. Leaving messages doesn't work very well usually. You need to keep calling until you get them live on the phone, and still be polite about not being called back.

The first step in proving to TMC that you want to work hard is getting through the recruiting process. Good luck.
I need to do something very soon, how long do I try to contact TMC? Is there really that big of a difference between the three companies? They all seem ok to me except Cypress does have old trucks even the recruiter told me that but well maintained so he said. :roll:

Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Rookie

Well, if you can't get ahold of your recruiter, adapt and overcome. Talk to one of the other guys there in the office. I just finished my orientation with them last weekend and so far (2 weeks) they seem like a good company. I was one of 2 people in my class that got stuck waiting a week for a driving trainer but hey I did get a week at home with my wife so I cant complain too much. But back to your situation, talk to anyone in the recruiting dept. Talk to enough different people and your bound to find someone who can help you out.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Senior Board Member

you know...... i only heard good things about boyd bros. check them out

before you make a move...!!!! 8) 8) 8)

http://www.driveforboyd.com/company_drivers.html

Mother Teresa

The Mark Levin Show
Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 PM

gaf building supplies. (roofing) is hiring in central jersey. preloaded and pretarped loads. 40-60 huirs a week o/t after 8 i know there hiring 1 or 2 more afternoon shifts. typical days is either 2 local stops 200-400 miles together or a pickup down at the baltimore plant and come back. peice of cake.

Reply Subscribe