Swift facing huge fines, could it be the end?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

but, nobody likes listening to people who have good experiences with the mega carriers. they only want to listen to the negative fools and then they'll run with it.....
But you're running for a "coolie" carrier. How can you be having a good experience?

:wink:

Nicely put. Basically, for every driver complaining about a carrier, ANY carrier, there are a hundred more doing just fine.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:13 AM

Just got back in from the road...The point of my post was not to bash Swift, just heard some stuff and wondered if it was true. If people are driving there and are happy, then great for them. I thought things might be getting tougher on the drivers if Swift had gotten in trouble.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Well they must have gotten into some kind of trouble over here at Inland Cold Storage in Riverside, CA....Swift is out and Schneider is in.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
But you're running for a "coolie" carrier.
TF, I always knew that there was hope for ya. :wink: Welcome to the gang! We meet regularly, right here. :lol: 8) :wink:

Old 06-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bumper
Well they must have gotten into some kind of trouble over here at Inland Cold Storage in Riverside, CA....Swift is out and Schneider is in.
Swift lost the contract because Schneider under bid them. Happens when Companies want to get the best rate for freight.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

I don't have a problem with Swift drivers I have a problem with Swifts policeys. I drive oversize heavy haul cuz I can't back up Least I don't wana Only been doing this 34 years, my pilots tell me "Ok to move Right" "I Got the left lane". But what piss%ss me off is that last night a Swift was trying to back in beside me.. I turned on my load lights so he could see my wide load. Turned out the trainor was out guiding him back. After I took two BP pills I got out and talked to them, the new driver had two weeks on the road and the Old Hand trainer had been out here a whopping two months !!!!! Ahhhhh, where did road experiance go

Old 06-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Board Regular

2 months? FTW? I'm no fan of Swift but that is just WRONG!

As for chef and synchro, maybe they have been treating you well thus far, but it's likely because they hosed an experienced driver like me to give the newbies a shot. Don't worry they'll screw you over too eventually.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Senior Board Member

I had a plumber (ex-trucker) tell me that since he's traded occupations he's realized there's a big difference between Swift drivers and toilets.

A toilet can back up once in a while. :lol:

Old 06-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Walking Eagle
I don't have a problem with Swift drivers I have a problem with Swifts policeys. I drive oversize heavy haul cuz I can't back up Least I don't wana Only been doing this 34 years, my pilots tell me "Ok to move Right" "I Got the left lane". But what piss%ss me off is that last night a Swift was trying to back in beside me.. I turned on my load lights so he could see my wide load. Turned out the trainor was out guiding him back. After I took two BP pills I got out and talked to them, the new driver had two weeks on the road and the Old Hand trainer had been out here a whopping two months !!!!! Ahhhhh, where did road experiance go
i hate it how people can become mentors after 2 months of otr experience. i wouldn't be able to take somebody like that seriously. i think there should be a minimum of 2 years otr experience with no preventable accidents, major violations, etc.....

Old 06-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
i hate it how people can become mentors after 2 months of otr experience. i wouldn't be able to take somebody like that seriously. i think there should be a minimum of 2 years otr experience with no preventable accidents, major violations, etc.....
2 months? Wow!! That is just wrong. 6 months was the shortest that I had ever heard of before.

Reply Subscribe