c.r.s.t malone

Old 06-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Senior Board Member

this sounds too much like the truth.
I was refering to the driver vs leasing. leasing could laeve you with less money than driving for a co. as far as the spelling e.t.c. I always misspell. lol

Old 06-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Rookie

UPDATE: I just completed my first week with crst and after all my payments and fuel i still managed to clear $2500 take home i just hope it keeps up at this pace crst has contracts with alcoa,nichols aluminum and u.s steel so maybe it will 8)

Old 06-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Congrats. Can you break your miles and pay?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 PM

I meant break down your miles and pay?

Old 06-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by phantom309
UPDATE: I just completed my first week with crst and after all my payments and fuel i still managed to clear $2500 take home i just hope it keeps up at this pace crst has contracts with alcoa,nichols aluminum and u.s steel so maybe it will 8)
I'd be more interested in seeing the breakdown starting your THIRD week.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Nickels alum always has freight going out. there are also a lot more stel mills just off hwy 20 in al, just down the road from nickles alum.

the first week anywhere is usually o.k. most folks here know how a lot of lease's start & end & how some co's will starve a driver out just before the the driver would own the truck & the co, gets the truck back. hopefully you can prevent that in your case. good luck.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Rookie

I try to only get the loads that pay over $3 a mile after the third week i will only be paying an additional $350 or so a week and after 6 months all my fuel tax,equipment and all that good stuff will be payed off and with the fuel surcharge i am only paying about $1.60- 1.75 a gallon i will give you a break down as soon as i can sit down and figure it up i think i will just lease this truck until i get enough saved up to put a down payment on a 379 pete i am not a big fan of this freightliner columbia i do belive a person can make it on a lease purchase you just have to work your tail off

Old 06-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by phantom309
I try to only get the loads that pay over $3 a mile after the third week i will only be paying an additional $350 or so a week and after 6 months all my fuel tax,equipment and all that good stuff will be payed off and with the fuel surcharge i am only paying about $1.60- 1.75 a gallon i will give you a break down as soon as i can sit down and figure it up i think i will just lease this truck until i get enough saved up to put a down payment on a 379 pete i am not a big fan of this freightliner columbia i do belive a person can make it on a lease purchase you just have to work your tail off
Don't know where you got the idea that the fuel tax will be "paid off" after six months...buth that is an assumption that is totally wrong. You pay road and fuel taxes on every mile that the truck runs..and C.R.S.T. Malone is going to dock every check you receive until the end of the lease for actual miles run...not the HHG miles your going to be paid for.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

will just lease this truck until i get enough saved up to put a down payment on a 379 pete i am not a big fan of this freightliner columbia
A 379 pete will not make you any more $$ than a freightshaker. m.p.g is one key to survival in today's economy.. i.m.o.

I am not trying to be critical. I have seen plenty of drivers start out real well, making good money & soon they think it's going stay that way. then they start buying things just a lil too soon. then several months or a year or 2 & things start to happen. like freight slows, truck breaks down. e.t.c.

I'm sorry if I sound discouraging. Just take your time. remember... champagne taste on a beer budget can get you where some of the homeowners who are in foreclosure are. lose everything & have to start all over again.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Rookie

thanks for the good advice i will wait until i am on my feet beforei get a diffrent truck but right now i am getting ripped for 300 a week (way to much i could get me a older pete (which i am used to driving) for 300 a month seems like i could do better with another truck as soon as i get a down payment and my credit improved

Reply Subscribe