Headed to Marten

Old 07-21-2008, 03:03 AM
Rookie

Originally Posted by WildK9
Originally Posted by MartenDrvrCA
Why even bother TK? Its not like that a$$ greg van pelt in fuel doesnt change the fuel list every other week. :lol:
Ain't that the truth! :roll: Slowly taking off all fuel stops, but the Pilot and Love's. :evil:
O h don't ya love how we the drivers DID NOTGET any bouns back in May for buying so many millons of gallon at aPilot, Yet guees who got a $30.000 rebate from Pilot.
Ya i don't like the idea we lost 90% of the TA ns Petro's. Loves? We have lost alot of themas well
I guess once our more of our trucks are involed in parking lot acciedents At Pilot's maybe they will take notice ,,,,,, Problay not.
And making the Pilot in Madre,CA our nearest Primiry fuel stop to Stockton.
Oh sure we still can do Vanco, but only 50 gal, to get us to our next promary stop. This according to that new fancy fuel list.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member

wow,primary and secondary fuel stops?? those are the same fuel books knight has.But yea,I left around the beginning of june.Let me guess,the secondary fuel stops youre only allowed to put in 50 gallons correct? and the primary you can fill up at?But I do hope marten does well and shapes things up,there are alot of drivers with this company whose family depends on them.
50 gallon limit at the "limited" fuel stops. Primary and secondary I guess how ever many gallons you want. 8)

Old 07-21-2008, 03:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by skier
I guess once our more of our trucks are involed in parking lot acciedents At Pilot's maybe they will take notice ,,,,,, Problay not.
This is so true. When I was up in Mondovi a couple weeks ago I was flipping though the handy dandy accident report binder and there had to been at least half a dozen reports of our trucks getting their front end ripped off by another truck pulling out of a spot. 8)

Old 07-21-2008, 03:33 AM
Rookie
Default Re: Headed to Marten

Originally Posted by midnightlighting
I will be starting with them on july 29th. I can say that i'm very glad they called me, yes they are a OTR carrier but i have not heard anything near as bad as some others OTR carries.
Enjoy your time here with Marten. Been wtih them 3 years. Live out south of Reno, and i do all 48, but looking to move to westen regional. went to oreintation in Wilsonville. ignor the warning to stay out of the hotel bar, your gonna end up there anyways. lol
Just make sure you make it on time to class each day Sober.lol
Get your loads done ontime every time, and the Mondovi 'knitting circle' stays happy. And keep your dispatcher updated on your hours. They get bent out of shape when ya don't.

If you live out west, get ready to see alot of the midwest, east coast. I leave out mostly fron Cen. CA. and get sent straight east to Ohio and that neck of the woods, then get stuck in the midewest circle jerk, till it's time to come home in 3 weeks. Thus the reason i want to try the western regional. Sick of going east of that gutter called the Miss. River.
How are you going to get western regional on a reno domicile? Just curious.They usually dont let regional drivers take trucks home,gota park em at the ontario terminal.

There are two known custs in the Reno area, drop n hooks. So wouldn';t it make since to bobtail only 60 miles to the house, than to bbobtail / dead head back to Ontario or Stockton?
I have pulled P/G loads into both the Walmart DC east of Reno, and the Kmart DC in Sparks, drop my trailer, go home for a couple of days, and then go back and get my trailer, and then get back on the road.
I believe there iss one or two based Reno drivers on regional, and they do get to take thier trucks home with them. Then when they come back out, there are a couple of shippers in the area, they load out at.
So when does making since and dispatch have something in common? I dont speak of what "should" be or what would make more "sense",im stating what the head of west coast regional told me in orientation along with the others,and then what I saw and what the other drivers told me,and then when I went local at marten thats what the policy still was.Also like I said,they usually DO NOT put drivers who are based 50 miles outside of ontario on regional.So with that theory there wouldnt be a need to let a driver bobtail home from reno/sparks if he doesnt live in that area anyway?Because he wouldnt of been offered regional. You are a marten regional driver?And as a sidenote,what well known customers are you speaking of up there? Wal mart? Because Ive unloaded out of there a few times,and it was always LIVE.And why would a driver have to bobtail out of the reno area back to ontario or stockton??? there is plenty of freight of backhauled out of there?so im not sure why your conclusion would be to dead head back to ontario or stockon?where did you come up with that? In fact you just answered it for yourself,you said there is plenty of shippers out there that drivers "load out" of when they come off hometime,well why couldnt they just load out of those same places immediately after they deliver?or shortly there after?

hmmm,
In the last 3 months, I have picked up 3 different loads from the Stockton drop yard, that came out from West Branch, IA , Proctor and Gamble. The loads( brought west by teams) had arrived 3 days early Wal Mar would not take them early so they were dropped in Stockton. YES it does happen.
At the same time as I was in Stockton dropping my trailers, to go on days off I was given these Wal Mart loads. Drop the trailers at Walmart, then go home. (At the end of days off, go back to wal mart pick up the unloaded trailer, and head for a relaod.) On the del info it said drop and hook. I asked Mondovi if this was the truth, and they said yes, because these PG loads had so many different products, Wal mart would rather have us drop the loaded trailer , than to pay detention.
I have also brought PG loads out from West Branch, to the Wal Mart in Grantsville, UT and dropped the trailer, as well as Casa Grande, AZ.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:44 AM
Rookie

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
What kind of problems are you guys having ? From my view I haven't seen any trouble, but I haven't really talked to any other drivers much and I've been to one terminal in the past 2 months, Mondovi on a weekend so I haven't heard anything. I can't even get through a terminal to pick up one of those new fan-dangled fuel stop books , I'll get one eventually, maybe. 8) 8)
Why even bother TK? Its not like that a$$ greg van pelt in fuel doesnt change the fuel list every other week. :lol:
I don't know how long you've been gone but apparently they did away with the regular fuel list and we know have a little book or something with primary, secondary and limited fuel stops. It sounds like they are going to be real stiff if you keep fueling at limited fuel stops. They said if they could get the fleet to average .10 cents less per gallon by fueling smart they could save something like 5-6 million dollars per year. 8) 8)
wow,primary and secondary fuel stops?? those are the same fuel books knight has.But yea,I left around the beginning of june.Let me guess,the secondary fuel stops youre only allowed to put in 50 gallons correct? and the primary you can fill up at?But I do hope marten does well and shapes things up,there are alot of drivers with this company whose family depends on them.
Ya that fuel book idea was brought over from Knight when they hired the new presiedent. Word has it, if you don't follow the new fuel book, you can get fired.
You can fill at the primary and secondary, it's the limted fuel stops your only allowed 50 gal. Just so you can make it to a regualr fuel stop.
Makes me wonder if Randy and Timn are both sleeping witht the Pilots'
owners family.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Default Re: Headed to Marten

Originally Posted by midnightlighting
I will be starting with them on july 29th. I can say that i'm very glad they called me, yes they are a OTR carrier but i have not heard anything near as bad as some others OTR carries.
Enjoy your time here with Marten. Been wtih them 3 years. Live out south of Reno, and i do all 48, but looking to move to westen regional. went to oreintation in Wilsonville. ignor the warning to stay out of the hotel bar, your gonna end up there anyways. lol
Just make sure you make it on time to class each day Sober.lol
Get your loads done ontime every time, and the Mondovi 'knitting circle' stays happy. And keep your dispatcher updated on your hours. They get bent out of shape when ya don't.

If you live out west, get ready to see alot of the midwest, east coast. I leave out mostly fron Cen. CA. and get sent straight east to Ohio and that neck of the woods, then get stuck in the midewest circle jerk, till it's time to come home in 3 weeks. Thus the reason i want to try the western regional. Sick of going east of that gutter called the Miss. River.
How are you going to get western regional on a reno domicile? Just curious.They usually dont let regional drivers take trucks home,gota park em at the ontario terminal.

There are two known custs in the Reno area, drop n hooks. So wouldn';t it make since to bobtail only 60 miles to the house, than to bbobtail / dead head back to Ontario or Stockton?
I have pulled P/G loads into both the Walmart DC east of Reno, and the Kmart DC in Sparks, drop my trailer, go home for a couple of days, and then go back and get my trailer, and then get back on the road.
I believe there iss one or two based Reno drivers on regional, and they do get to take thier trucks home with them. Then when they come back out, there are a couple of shippers in the area, they load out at.
So when does making since and dispatch have something in common? I dont speak of what "should" be or what would make more "sense",im stating what the head of west coast regional told me in orientation along with the others,and then what I saw and what the other drivers told me,and then when I went local at marten thats what the policy still was.Also like I said,they usually DO NOT put drivers who are based 50 miles outside of ontario on regional.So with that theory there wouldnt be a need to let a driver bobtail home from reno/sparks if he doesnt live in that area anyway?Because he wouldnt of been offered regional. You are a marten regional driver?And as a sidenote,what well known customers are you speaking of up there? Wal mart? Because Ive unloaded out of there a few times,and it was always LIVE.And why would a driver have to bobtail out of the reno area back to ontario or stockton??? there is plenty of freight of backhauled out of there?so im not sure why your conclusion would be to dead head back to ontario or stockon?where did you come up with that? In fact you just answered it for yourself,you said there is plenty of shippers out there that drivers "load out" of when they come off hometime,well why couldnt they just load out of those same places immediately after they deliver?or shortly there after?

hmmm,
In the last 3 months, I have picked up 3 different loads from the Stockton drop yard, that came out from West Branch, IA , Proctor and Gamble. The loads( brought west by teams) had arrived 3 days early Wal Mar would not take them early so they were dropped in Stockton. YES it does happen.
At the same time as I was in Stockton dropping my trailers, to go on days off I was given these Wal Mart loads. Drop the trailers at Walmart, then go home. (At the end of days off, go back to wal mart pick up the unloaded trailer, and head for a relaod.) On the del info it said drop and hook. I asked Mondovi if this was the truth, and they said yes, because these PG loads had so many different products, Wal mart would rather have us drop the loaded trailer , than to pay detention.
I have also brought PG loads out from West Branch, to the Wal Mart in Grantsville, UT and dropped the trailer, as well as Casa Grande, AZ.
yes,casa grande was purely drop and hook for me usually.However my point was,was was why would a driver have to deadhead from the sparks area back to the yard or stockton?Theres plently of freight before stockton on the way down to the ontario.But yea,I never knew of one regional driver take there truck home,they forbid it for security reasons.However,that should change given that theyre going to widen the radius on regional.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:07 AM

What kind of problems are you guys having ? From my view I haven't seen any trouble, but I haven't really talked to any other drivers much and I've been to one terminal in the past 2 months, Mondovi on a weekend so I haven't heard anything. I can't even get through a terminal to pick up one of those new fan-dangled fuel stop books , I'll get one eventually, maybe. 8) 8)
I don't know how long you've been gone but apparently they did away with the regular fuel list and we know have a little book or something with primary, secondary and limited fuel stops. It sounds like they are going to be real stiff if you keep fueling at limited fuel stops. They said if they could get the fleet to average .10 cents less per gallon by fueling smart they could save something like 5-6 million dollars per year. 8) 8)
Ya that fuel book idea was brought over from Knight when they hired the new presiedent. Word has it, if you don't follow the new fuel book, you can get fired.
You can fill at the primary and secondary, it's the limted fuel stops your only allowed 50 gal. Just so you can make it to a regualr fuel stop.
Makes me wonder if Randy and Timn are both sleeping witht the Pilots'
owners family.
HAHA I wouldnt doubt it skier!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Rookie
Default pilot

skier last time i was in the indy term i heard randy was seeing some chick whose family had something to do with the pilots and thats why they put out that new fuel stop sheet

Old 07-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Rookie

MartenDrvrCA,
Maybe you can answer this. At the Ross Plant the older one, there in Casa Grande, why is it that when i go in for driop and hooks, they claim they have no mtys, yet sitting on in the drop lot there 5,6,7,8, mtys sitting there. And when i ask the bi-otch at the desk why my load had turned into live, when my dispatch says spot. This has happend 7 out the last 10 times in there.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:06 PM

MartenDrvrCA,
Maybe you can answer this. At the Ross Plant the older one, there in Casa Grande, why is it that when i go in for driop and hooks, they claim they have no mtys, yet sitting on in the drop lot there 5,6,7,8, mtys sitting there. And when i ask the bi-otch at the desk why my load had turned into live, when my dispatch says spot. This has happend 7 out the last 10 times in there.
You know what skier I asked myself this a trillion times.Along with other marten drivers who I ran into there.Usually it comes up on the qCOMM as spot,then when you get there you have to get liveloaded.And you're correct,there are PLENTY of mt's there.You get there at your APPT time and they say they really dont go by appt times.Load of BS.Usually its the older woman with all the make up on and the big hair that gives all these problems.One time I waited 9 hours to get loaded out of there,towards the end I just went there,checked in,dropped the trailer in a door then bobtailed up to exit 200? or is that 202 where the petro is?But yea,id just bob tail there and tell them to call me on my cell when they were done.Personally I preferred going to the new one over there by the PETRO.That lady is a piece of work.One time I was waiting in the dirt lot area where the trailers are,and she called my release number and she was asking for CR ENGLAND.I told her "NO THIS ISNT CR ENGLAND,THIS IS MARTEN,THAT IS MY RELEASE NUMBER FOR THIS LOAD".So she says go into door "so- and so",I do,so after about 5 hours I notice the trailer stop rocking,I go in to get the bills and so she can come out and seal me.Low and behold I look at the paper work and these MORONS STILL loaded me with the CR ENGLAND load after I told her I was marten and she had the NUMBERS mixed up.She made some bs excuses and tryed to cut me off when I reminded her about what I had told her earlier.And come to find out my trailer had already been loaded 4 hours earlier 2 doors down from me!