Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by Mackman
Originally Posted by zipy46
Originally Posted by midnightlighting
So what is a coolie company?

Marten is not a 'Coolie' carrier,

not even close.

:mrgreen:
Please tell me why they are not a coolie company??
...Well...

Currently I am getting decent miles (2500+ per week)...at a good rate ...and I am not going over my 11/14 rule....and I am getting my 10 rest each day...all in the comfort of a Pete with APU cooling.. 8)

To me...this is good trucking...all i need now is to talk them out of different truck with an old fashioned eaton fuller 10 speed

Old 07-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Since you work for them zipy46 and i just curious at this point but what do you know about their lease program and what trucks can you pick from if you take that route down the road. I'm just asking all the questions i can here so i know what i'm getting into ahead of time.

Thanks
Byron
sorry....

I know zero about the leasing program

Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Default Re: Headed to Marten

I will be starting with them on july 29th. I can say that i'm very glad they called me, yes they are a coolie carrier but i have not heard anything near as bad as some others coolie carries.
Glad I could point u in the right direction

Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER

not even close.

Please tell me why they are ?? I don't know why that BS has to spill over into this thread. I appreciate your contributions to the board but can't believe someone that has never driven OTR has such a huge and vocal opinion about it. :?
Alright TK i will respect your wishes and not post coolie stuff on here. Also just to let you know i never drivin OTR cuz i think my time is worth more then any COOLIE OTR company will pay me. So when you avg. your 11-12/hr i will be making my 18hr stright time 27.hr on OT.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 07-14-2008, 12:15 AM

not even close.

Here we go again. :roll: Funny how your avatar says "Stop Global Whining" yet you and several others bitch more then anyone. More then any OTR driver Ive seen to date.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:47 AM

First i want to say thank you for the marten drivers that have given all the info they could which has helped me alot. Another thing i'm sorry for the coolie remark but i was refering to them hauling cold stuff lol, guess i'm a green horn on the lingo cause i still have no idea what it really means i guess. Anyway keep the info comming please

Thanks
Byron

Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 AM

First i want to say thank you for the marten drivers that have given all the info they could which has helped me alot. Another thing i'm sorry for the coolie remark but i was refering to them hauling cold stuff lol, guess i'm a green horn on the lingo cause i still have no idea what it really means i guess. Anyway keep the info comming please

Thanks
Byron
Youll probably meet bryan dunham over in oregon,pretty solid guy.Just took over up there.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:48 AM

Thanks
Byron
Its a term some of the non OTR drivers on here way way way way way way over use to generalize the whole entire OTR industry as crap basicly. For some reason it makes some of them feel realy good about their own jobs. Why they feel the need to use this term to help make their job seem better to themselves is a mystery to me and most others on this board that actualy enjoy(enjoyed) their time out on the road. Basicly the term is used to describe low paying carriers that just treat you as a number and dont pay you for anywhere near the amount of time they should be paying you for and use you for all your are worth with no appreciation at all. In their eyes this is every single OTR company there is as far as I can tell. Basicly, when you see this term used on here just remember what they say about opinions. At this point, the word has been so over used its ridiculous and doesnt really mean anything at all. Just do your thing and ignore the crap. If you enjoy it and its paying the bills and keeping the family up with everything they need and you like the company, keep with it and dont pay attention to the junk. You got with a good company even if some on this board with their very very important internet opinions say you are a coolie and they have a job way better than yours.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Board Regular

does marten hire students? if so do they have to have graduated from an approved school?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by bigpapa7272
does marten hire students? if so do they have to have graduated from an approved school?
I'm not sure if they are hiring students right now. Sometimes they are hiring them and sometimes not. Depends on what they need. You'd have to give them a call on that. When they do hire students it does need to be from a approved school. 8) 8)