101 – 300 miles .40 per mile
301 – 500 miles .38 per mile
> - 500 miles .36 per mile
http://marten.com/Dedicated_collaborative.htm

Old 07-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Rookie

RELEASE DATE: May 7, 2008

MARTEN TRANSPORT, LTD. ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF NEW PRESIDENT

MONDOVI, Wis. –Marten Transport, Ltd. (Nasdaq/GS:MRTN) announced today that its board appointed Timothy M. Kohl to serve as its President, effective June 2, 2008. Randolph L. Marten will remain Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Kohl, who joined the Company in November 2007, has over 20 years’ experience in the transportation services industry. Mr. Kohl was previously employed by Knight Transportation, Inc. as its President from January 2004 to October 2007 and as its Secretary from October 2000 to October 2007. Mr. Kohl previously served as a director on Knight’s Board of Directors, as its Chief Financial Officer, as its Vice President of Human Resources, and as Vice President of Knight’s southeast region. Prior to his employment with Knight, Mr. Kohl was employed by Burlington Motor Carriers as Vice President of Human Resources. Prior to his employment with Burlington Motor Carriers, Mr. Kohl served as Vice President of Human Resources for J.B. Hunt.

http://marten.com/press_releases.htm

This was about the time Don Hinson 'vansihed' ie: qiut in Novemeber.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
What kind of problems are you guys having ? From my view I haven't seen any trouble, but I haven't really talked to any other drivers much and I've been to one terminal in the past 2 months, Mondovi on a weekend so I haven't heard anything. I can't even get through a terminal to pick up one of those new fan-dangled fuel stop books , I'll get one eventually, maybe. 8) 8)
Why even bother TK? Its not like that a$$ greg van pelt in fuel doesnt change the fuel list every other week. :lol:

Old 07-21-2008, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by skier
RELEASE DATE: May 7, 2008

MARTEN TRANSPORT, LTD. ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF NEW PRESIDENT

MONDOVI, Wis. –Marten Transport, Ltd. (Nasdaq/GS:MRTN) announced today that its board appointed Timothy M. Kohl to serve as its President, effective June 2, 2008. Randolph L. Marten will remain Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Kohl, who joined the Company in November 2007, has over 20 years’ experience in the transportation services industry. Mr. Kohl was previously employed by Knight Transportation, Inc. as its President from January 2004 to October 2007 and as its Secretary from October 2000 to October 2007. Mr. Kohl previously served as a director on Knight’s Board of Directors, as its Chief Financial Officer, as its Vice President of Human Resources, and as Vice President of Knight’s southeast region. Prior to his employment with Knight, Mr. Kohl was employed by Burlington Motor Carriers as Vice President of Human Resources. Prior to his employment with Burlington Motor Carriers, Mr. Kohl served as Vice President of Human Resources for J.B. Hunt.

http://marten.com/press_releases.htm

This was about the time Don Hinson 'vansihed' ie: qiut in Novemeber.
damn it feels good being right. :lol:

Old 07-21-2008, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by skier
marten's western regioanl pay scale with perdeim as of 2/04/08

0 – 100 miles 20% of revenue
101 – 300 miles .27 Base, .11 Per Diem
301 – 500 miles .25 Base, .11 Per Diem
> - 500 miles .23 Base, .11 Per Diem

with out per deim

0 – 100 miles 20% of revenue
101 – 300 miles .40 per mile
301 – 500 miles .38 per mile
> - 500 miles .36 per mile
http://marten.com/Dedicated_collaborative.htm
Yep,from 27% of all loads,to 20% of loads under 100 miles and anything above you get CPM.such a shame..really was....

Old 07-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by MartenDrvrCA
Why even bother TK? Its not like that a$$ greg van pelt in fuel doesnt change the fuel list every other week. :lol:
Ain't that the truth! :roll: Slowly taking off all fuel stops, but the Pilot and Love's. :evil:

Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by WildK9
Ain't that the truth! :roll: Slowly taking off all fuel stops, but the Pilot and Love's. :evil:
Yea,,makes things so hard to keep up with it when he is taking off like 30 fuel stops at a time.And its not like they display your fuel stops on the qualcomm,gotta sift through the packet and make the updates to it almost every week.Im glad I made the transition out of the company when I did,marten afforded me to buy alot of things,but I outgrew the company and its direction,I wish you the best in your move wildK9 and I can almost assure you that you wont regret it.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

What kind of problems are you guys having ? From my view I haven't seen any trouble, but I haven't really talked to any other drivers much and I've been to one terminal in the past 2 months, Mondovi on a weekend so I haven't heard anything. I can't even get through a terminal to pick up one of those new fan-dangled fuel stop books , I'll get one eventually, maybe. 8) 8)
I don't know how long you've been gone but apparently they did away with the regular fuel list and we know have a little book or something with primary, secondary and limited fuel stops. It sounds like they are going to be real stiff if you keep fueling at limited fuel stops. They said if they could get the fleet to average .10 cents less per gallon by fueling smart they could save something like 5-6 million dollars per year. 8) 8)

Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by WildK9
Yea,,makes things so hard to keep up with it when he is taking off like 30 fuel stops at a time.And its not like they display your fuel stops on the qualcomm,gotta sift through the packet and make the updates to it almost every week.Im glad I made the transition out of the company when I did,marten afforded me to buy alot of things,but I outgrew the company and its direction,I wish you the best in your move wildK9 and I can almost assure you that you wont regret it.
It could be worse I suppose. Some companies make you absolutely fuel at terminals, certain stops and only put on certain gallons and you must follow it to a T. For the most part we can do whatever we want as long as it's on the fuel list. 8) 8)

Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 AM

I don't know how long you've been gone but apparently they did away with the regular fuel list and we know have a little book or something with primary, secondary and limited fuel stops. It sounds like they are going to be real stiff if you keep fueling at limited fuel stops. They said if they could get the fleet to average .10 cents less per gallon by fueling smart they could save something like 5-6 million dollars per year. 8) 8)
wow,primary and secondary fuel stops?? those are the same fuel books knight has.But yea,I left around the beginning of june.Let me guess,the secondary fuel stops youre only allowed to put in 50 gallons correct? and the primary you can fill up at?But I do hope marten does well and shapes things up,there are alot of drivers with this company whose family depends on them.