KBR - Driving in Iraq

Old 07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Rookie
Default KBR - Driving in Iraq

Hi. My husband applied on the KBR website for many different job postings to drive for KBR in Iraq. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a call from KBR? We have applied for the past month or so, and we have not heard back from KBR yet. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 PM

I've been applying and re-applying for a year now. And I worked for them at the start of the war, leaving after my year in positive circumstances.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Rookie
Default year

Wow! Well I guess I shouldn't hold my breath! Thanks for letting me know.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Default KBR

I can't imagine why someone would want to go to a war zone when they don't have to unless they are military. If you can't get employment in West Virginia, leave West Virginia. BOL

Old 07-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Default KBR

I would think twice about going to work for KBR. Their pay structure is pretty risky, and there was no guarantee minimum. They can reduce your pay and hours any time they like. I think it was $18 an hour, and no overtime pay. I analyzed their contract, and for what they want you to do it was pretty thin. Heard of quite a few guys getting hurt, and KBR dropped them like a hot rock. With the violence going down in Iraq the chances of making "big" money over there now are probably gone. Factor in the isolation and rough environment I cant see how it would be worth it to anyone who is not really desperate. Just not worth the risk and hassle.