time frame

Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Rookie
Default trying

I am going to sit down with him when he gets home. I have some videos of what really takes place over there to show him so he is aware of exactly what he would be getting into.

Also...the company he's with now is not a lease operator. It's exactly like a company driver except no benefits and he has to pay his own taxes and the self employment tax. It really is a drag. Our accountant said that she's never seen someone treated like an o/o that is clearly not. The reason he stays is because he enjoys what he's hauling a lot.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Employment

Maybe instead of waiting to hear something from KBR, he should talk with an employment attorney to find out if who he's working for is screwing him. It's been known to happen. A company tells an employee they're an IC when in reality, the employee is a "company driver".
BTW, just because the full FICA and Medicare tax doesn't show on an employee's pay statement, doesn't mean the employee isn't paying the tax. BOL

Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Rookie

He should wait until Sept. There is a contractor change coming at the end of Aug. There will be 3 companies here then, and one may pay better than the other. Those videos on youtube or where ever you are getting them are old. There isn't that much action towards the convoys here. Mostly aimed at the camps. I have been here 3.5 years, and just came back after being home a few months.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Rookie
Default right now?

You're there right now? Wow! It must not be all that bad if you've been there that long! Thanks for the information! If you get any information about the new companies in Sept. please let me know if you will. Thanks so much and take care!

Reply Subscribe