time frame

Old 07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Rookie
Default time frame

Hi. Does anyone know what the time frame is from the time you apply for KBR (Iraq) to when they actually call you? I have been applying for months now and still have not received a phone call from KBR.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 PM

Don't worry. If they accept you, there'll be Blackwater mercenaries at your house in the wee hours to take you away.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: time frame

Originally Posted by mikewasko
Hi. Does anyone know what the time frame is from the time you apply for KBR (Iraq) to when they actually call you? I have been applying for months now and still have not received a phone call from KBR.
Blame the success of "the Surge!" :wink:

The "time frame" is based on how quickly the insurgents can kill off the current drivers! :shock: :lol:

Be patient. Your time will come!...... in more ways than one. :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Rookie
Default that's nice

I was actually seeking advice regarding the time frame, not opinions about what I am trying to do. Otherwise, I would have simply said, "Hey, I am applying to drive a truck in Iraq for KBR...who has an opinion."

Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Default Re: that's nice

Originally Posted by mikewasko
I was actually seeking advice regarding the time frame, not opinions about what I am trying to do. Otherwise, I would have simply said, "Hey, I am applying to drive a truck in Iraq for KBR...who has an opinion."
Sure, but offering opinions is ever so much more fun.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: that's nice

deleted

Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Board Icon

deleted

Old 07-15-2008, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Did you ever think they just don't want you?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Rookie
Default you're right...

about lightening up. I am sorry for coming across poorly. My husband has been driving OTR for almost 10 years, has made this crazy decision to go to Iraq once his friends went and came back. He is looking at this as an opportunity to get out of debt, serve his country, and do something different. I am not a fan of the idea, but am trying to be supportive of this. Since he's never home, he is relying on me to do the computer follow up. I was hoping to find some people here who have applied or actually done this for a year that can give me some hope. I can't imagine that they don't want him because he's quite experienced and is currently hauling military freight.

HEre is what I am actually hoping for. I wish they would go ahead and call him, give him the facts, and just maybe he will be discouraged enough to just stay at his current job, or if he's not liking it there, find one in the US that offers more of what he feels he deserves.

The job he has now is something that he enjoys very much. He's hauling military freight all over the country, and it's right up his alley. However, he is considered an independent contractor, but doesn't own the truck or pay for any fuel or maintenance, so we have nothing except per diem to write off. We're trying to buy a house, and this situation is really hurting us. The taxes he now pays with the self-employment tax are outrageous. Needless to say, there are also no benefits at all. Anyway.. this is the real problem, and he's looking to get into something where he can still work in the same manner, but increase his income and have benefits. We have tried TSMT...(i think they're in MO), but they are just hiring teams. Just at the end of the rope here...impatient and desperate for something to change. Sorry for acting like a jerk. I've just been hearing so much from my family...constantly....about him trying for this job that it's begun to really become hurtful.

Jenny Wasko

Old 07-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member

So what you are saying is he is a lease operator who thought that by doing that he was going to make alot of money and now that isn't panning out so he wants to go drive truck in a foreign land where there are people who want to KILL him? YOU should sit him down and talk this out before he makes a choice that change BOTH of your lives.

Reply Subscribe