Heartland- Here I Come!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:30 AM

HB- yeah, stability is a lot right now for sure. It tough right now for everybody I think.

I can't complain about the hometime or milage right now. This week I got 2452 paid miles with one paid stop. Last week it was right around 1400, which isn't good, but I was home from midnight Friday until mid-afternoon Tuesday, so the home time made up for it. This past weekend I was home 24 hours, but I didn't mind as I needed some more money. This week my dispatcher was on vacation so that was different. The guy who watches his board while he's at lunch is easy to get along with. On the other hand, the guy who does it when he's on vacation is a jerk and a half. Good thing is he was the load planner for the Kingsport terminal (and he's the #2 guy there now) so he keeps you rolling. I was preplanned before I got empty (most of the time before I got the delivery) all week. Right now I'm on my way to Portland, TN for a Sunday appt. Got a reload out of same place picking up Monday AM going to FL. I'll have close to 1400 miles for NEXT WEEK when I deliver that Wednesday. Also, next weekend I'm going to my in-laws with my wife and kids for the weekend. Family s leaving Wed, I'll take my weekend with them, and they will come home sometime the following week.

Anyway, I'm doing pretty good with Heartland myself. A lot of other guys aren't it seems, but I can't complain too much right now.

I'll probably post more later, got to go to bed now... See ya!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Sounds like you've been able to resign yourself, and swallow enough pride to finally make the situation acceptable. Good to hear it. Is there a max # of days that Heartless can arbitrarily withdraw money from your own personal account? Or have they eliminated that "skirting the edge" of legality practice? Or...............do they even care! In essence, I was just wondering if Heartland is still relying on their drivers to bankroll many of their (Heartland's) short to immediate cash flow matters? Ex scales, tickets, lumpers, oil. additives.............

Yeah, I bet they are. Cheap ass coolie carrier. Do they still have access to withdraw money at will from your accounts? ****hole coolie carrier!

Old 06-28-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by belpre122
Sounds like you've been able to resign yourself, and swallow enough pride to finally make the situation acceptable. Good to hear it. Is there a max # of days that Heartless can arbitrarily withdraw money from your own personal account? Or have they eliminated that "skirting the edge" of legality practice? Or...............do they even care! In essence, I was just wondering if Heartland is still relying on their drivers to bankroll many of their (Heartland's) short to immediate cash flow matters? Ex scales, tickets, lumpers, oil. additives.............

Yeah, I bet they are. Cheap ass coolie carrier. Do they still have access to withdraw money at will from your accounts? ****hole coolie carrier!
I'm sure they do still have the right to withdraw as was discussed here before. BUT, they have never touched a red penny of my money. I look over my check every week and I have always been paid for every mile, every scale ticket, lumper, detention I was promised, etc.

I don't know how I've had to "resign myself and swallow enough pride." Out of the last 11 weeks, I've had 8 or 9 where I've had between 1950-2450 miles in. Plus, I am home most weekends. Most weekends are two full days, but there are those times when its only a 34. Do they do things that I don't like? Sure, but I'm getting home more than most companies would get me here and I'm making some money.

I don't know belpre, I'm learning more and more to take you advice with a grain of salt. If you don't work for the company, they have to be a coolie carrier and the scourge of the roadways. Truth is, its actually working pretty decent for me here. I'm still looking to find a different job and go back to college, but the unemployment rate just went up over 10% in TN. Not a real good time to be looking for a job.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by belpre122

This stuff gets old. It's working for Fred, so why whizz on his parade?

Old 07-03-2009, 04:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Originally Posted by geargrinder
This stuff gets old. It's working for Fred, so why whizz on his parade?

Agreed. 2400 miles and home a full 34-48 hours is well within the "promise" of regional operations at Heartless. Fred lives in a "prime" area-- it would be almost impossible and very challenging for a dispatcher to come up with an logical reason Why you couldn't turn the above miles and still be by the house. :clap::clap:

You do need to neg. a better ride through-- ask TF if he can pull some strings for you.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:49 PM

A new ride would be nice for sure HB but the new trucks are supposed to be 1300 lbs heavier. I don't want to run around almost out of fuel. We're all supposed to get one by December anyway so I'll just wait. Its going to stink moving trucks again.

I got 2200 miles this week too. Pretty good I think. Didn't make it to Florida but that's ok. Get to sit today but picking up in the AM. Going to have 700 for the week when I get to Columbus. Did have enough time today to get laundry done and go get my birthday present... A brand new iPhone! Now I can check CAD on it. Pretty sweet.

Have a good one guys. Maybe I'll check on this more often now.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by P A Frederick
A new ride would be nice for sure HB but the new trucks are supposed to be 1300 lbs heavier. I don't want to run around almost out of fuel. We're all supposed to get one by December anyway so I'll just wait. Its going to stink moving trucks again.

I got 2200 miles this week too. Pretty good I think. Didn't make it to Florida but that's ok. Get to sit today but picking up in the AM. Going to have 700 for the week when I get to Columbus. Did have enough time today to get laundry done and go get my birthday present... A brand new iPhone! Now I can check CAD on it. Pretty sweet.

Have a good one guys. Maybe I'll check on this more often now.
keep on truckin pa, your doing a great job,keep your mind moving forward.stay posistive!:thumbsup:

Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Picking up in Columbus right now going to Buffalo, NY. Plus I have a reload coming back out of Buffalo tomorrow morning coming back to Columbus. This will give me 1300 miles for the week when I get back down here and that load empties anytime, so I'll drop it Tuesday night. I don't think it's too bad. I still sit while I get my 2000 miles. Mostly it's just a couple extra hours on my 10 hour break if I'm empty, or maybe the same if I'm waiting for a live unload appointment. Except for the occassional weekend sit I hardly sit all day and night waiting for a preplan.

Did good last night though. I was supposed to deliver at 1000 this morning in Columbus. I ran with another driver from Virginia up here. We got fuel at the terminal, then went to the consignee to see I'd we could park. They said no, but we can go ahead and unload you tonight if you want. Sure! This was about 6:30 last night.

I know one thing, wirh this new iPhone it's a heck of a lot easier to stay in touch now. Better go get by load. Have a good one.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:45 PM

I know its been a month and a half since I last posted, but not much has changed with me at Heartland. Been getting an average of 2000 miles per week and home 3 out of 4 weekends a month. I did work 2 weekends in July, but I requested that. My family and I went to IL to visit my family and I worked the weekend before we left on Wednesday. Figured I'd do better on the short week if I stayed out. I got 1950 miles that week and I did get home for the Sunday night for the night. Not too bad.

One thing driving me crazy is the trading in of the trucks. Around the middle of June I traded in my first truck. Had to ride in a van to Columbus to pick up another 9400 (not enough seniority for a ProStar). This week I had to trade in that truck and get in a van to head for Atlanta. Got crap for miles this week. Got to Chester Tuesday morning, they didn't decide to send us to ATL until Wednesday mid-morning, got there Wed night (free hotel, yipee...) got my truck Thur morning, and got a load Thur night. I did get a quite a bit better truck. Pulls and rides better than the other two. First one had 396xxx when I traded it, last one has 370xxx, this one has 325xxx on it right now. Not a bad truck. Hopefully I'll get to keep it longer than a month and a half.

Not much else to report here. Been getting miles and getting home. In the last month and a half one week I had almost 2500 miles, this past week has been my lowest.

Anyway, I'm home now fixing to hang out with my family. Still looking for something local so I can go back to school, but it tough right now. Hope ya'll are well out on the road.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Senior Board Member

it's nice to hear from you P.A....... it's been a while