To Yank a tank or not!

Old 04-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Board Member

OMG are you guys serious or is this a April fools joke? I would never want to go back to bumping docks and being treated like a second class citizen again. I guess one thing is for sure from the sounds of it I guess carrying your own hose is the way to go.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by geargrinder
Tanks are a lot of work. Thinking of going back to bumping docks. Really isn't enough pay differential to justify the extra work.
double ditto on that!:lol:

Old 04-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by mike3fan
OMG are you guys serious or is this a April fools joke? I would never want to go back to bumping docks and being treated like a second class citizen again. I guess one thing is for sure from the sounds of it I guess carrying your own hose is the way to go.
i brought a load down from chicaga today(sat.) delivering to graham,nc. monday. in the body of the travel order it said druming nozzle needed, i've had this once before but did'nt need it due to the receiver updating there off loading procedure, i'll keep my finger's crossed.:thumbsup:

Old 04-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by 1catfish
i brought a load down from chicaga today(sat.) delivering to graham,nc. monday. in the body of the travel order it said druming nozzle needed, i've had this once before but did'nt need it due to the receiver updating there off loading procedure, i'll keep my finger's crossed.:thumbsup:
well, the drumming nozzle was needed.:thumbsdown:come to find out the customer only had enough empty totes for about 30,000 pounds of product. and yes i had 41,500 on the trailer, that's probably the biggest heal i had to deal with. so it took about 3.5 hours for somebody to figure out who's gonna pay the bill for me to leave the customer's location.:roll:joyy.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by 1catfish
well, the drumming nozzle was needed.:thumbsdown:come to find out the customer only had enough empty totes for about 30,000 pounds of product. and yes i had 41,500 on the trailer, that's probably the biggest heal i had to deal with. so it took about 3.5 hours for somebody to figure out who's gonna pay the bill for me to leave the customer's location.:roll:joyy.
Look at the bright side. At least you get paid loaded miles all the way back. I had one refused for lab work once. Sat there for 6 hours before they told me I could leave then pulled it back to the shipper. They put new tags and seals on it nothing else. They took it the next day.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by wsyrob
Look at the bright side. At least you get paid loaded miles all the way back. I had one refused for lab work once. Sat there for 6 hours before they told me I could leave then pulled it back to the shipper. They put new tags and seals on it nothing else. They took it the next day.
yea, and it was bright sunny day, freezing cold and raining would have been a bi**h. i only had a 100 miles back to the yard, then to the house.:thumbsup:

Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Smile tanker

Have you ever looked into johnsrud transport inc out of des moines iowa 800-237-9795 good company to work for they get you home weekends pays good hourly health ins is little high 100.00 wk for family plan they haul alot of cargill loads some canada loads 3 day orientation fairly new equipment 06 or newer

Old 04-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Board Regular

Originally Posted by truckerjohn1963
Have you ever looked into johnsrud transport inc out of des moines iowa 800-237-9795 good company to work for they get you home weekends pays good hourly health ins is little high 100.00 wk for family plan they haul alot of cargill loads some canada loads 3 day orientation fairly new equipment 06 or newer
i'll check them out, right now if i make a change it will be for local.:thumbsup:

Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Default whew!

Thanks for the talk about tanking. Rules out this as an option. Looks like it will be team driving instead, at least for awhile. ; ) I don't want to trade one kind of time-waster for another.

Reply Subscribe