Good Company for New Driver in Middle TN

Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Rookie
Default Good Company for New Driver in Middle TN

Are there any good companies for a new driver in Middle Tennessee that would pay ok-I don't have to make all the money :lol: since I would like to get home more than once a month.

I'm not afraid of working hard and when out I want to run hard. I can sleep in a cold sleeper, but after military service don't want to be required to sleep in a sweatbox sleeper - apu's or idle time unheard of for rookies?

If it means anything, I see plenty of all the big name companies near my home (I live about 5 miles from a Pilot on I-24).

The company recruiters can talk the talk, but I value ya'lls opinion :bow: more than any of their sales pitches.

Thanks and be safe

Old 06-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

even tho i work for these bums if your just looking to get your foot in the door try Milan Express, Milan, TN..Well there in Jackson, TN

Old 06-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Rookie
Default Milan

Originally Posted by Hawkjr
even tho i work for these bums if your just looking to get your foot in the door try Milan Express, Milan, TN..Well there in Jackson, TN
I'll call them. Are your miles pickin up? Even though you called em' bums are you in decent equipment and being taken care of to some degree?

I haven't seen as many Milan trucks around lately as I used to, maybe because I was paying more attention to some that are so thick here like knight, us x, covenant and the pumpkins.

Thanks Hawk

Old 06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Rookie
Default R E West

I meant to ask specifically about R E West but forgot I don't see many of their trucks out, but was told by a local driver they take rookies. I know they have yards in Ashland City and Lebanon. Can anyone tell me anything about this outfit?